WD21 Weight

SteeevO

Hey I am Ambisiously Lazy.....

*Waits to get that poho'n in a non poho thread e-mail from B

I drove my Pathy (1992 WD21 Terrano TD27 turbo diesel auto) over the weigh-bridge a while ago.

Loaded with recovery gear, light weight camping gear, fridge, food, fuel, dual batteries, 40 l water, my 10 year old son and me, it weighed in at 2160 Kg. We Ausie’s have come out of the bush and gone metric so I will convert that from metric to footric for you: 4762 lb or 2.38 Tons. Sounds better as Metric Tons 2.16 T.

Slick,

Funny but those just don't quite look like 31"s to me (in your photo). I wish I could get away with tyres like that but the boys in blue over here are a bit difficult unless you have flares to cover them and an engineers permit.

G

Edited by geordie4x4

I drove my Pathy (1992 WD21 Terrano TD27 turbo diesel auto) over the weigh-bridge a while ago.

Loaded with recovery gear, light weight camping gear, fridge, food, fuel, dual batteries, 40 l water, my 10 year old son and me, it weighed in at 2160 Kg. We Ausie’s have come out of the bush and gone metric so I will convert that from metric to footric for you: 4762 lb or 2.38 Tons. Sounds better as Metric Tons 2.16 T.

Slick,

Funny but those just don't quite look like 31"s to me (in your photo). I wish I could get away with tyres like that but the boys in blue over here are a bit difficult unless you have flares to cover them and an engineers permit.

G

Which photo? The one on the left (MiniMe) has 31's while the truck on the right (King CaCa) is on 33's.

Thanks RedPath88, The 33s look great but far to tempting for the copps over here to bust me, even those 31s look like they stick out of the guard quite a bit. I have 31 10.5 15s on 7" rims and they fit well (legal) but do not look quite so tough.

I will soon have a new (rebuilt) off-road camper trailer to take over the weighbridge and I expect the total weight of Terrano, gear and loaded trailer will be over 3000kg. That will make the old girl work hard up those steep hills (the Terrano I mean not the wife).

G