Body Lift

tbear

If you want a full kit for the BL for your truck, 4x4parts.com is your ONLY option. None of the manufacturers kept up with the bolt change in the rear end after 1990, so AC sells the old kit, with new bolts for the 91-95 applications.

Hey I checked with them yesterday and the have got one, actually they have 58 in stock so they said. Thanks for the info I had found that site around a week ago and did not bookmark it. I have tried several different searches and could not find it, I did not know the name was the worst part nor thw search. Anyway thanks for the info.

Rancho RS99116 (Rear) 1.5/3.0” SL Lift

Internal Design: Triple-tube

Adjustable: Yes, 9 Position

Gas Charged: Yes, (cellular gas/compressed air)

Bushing Material: Polyurethane

Bushing Color: Red

Boot Included: Yes

Boot Color: Red

Extended Length (in): 23.750”

Collapsed Length (in): 15.000”

Travel: 8.750”

Upper Mount: Eyelet

Lower Mount: Eyelet

I think that is what I am looking for....

Or this cause I am not sure That I would want the adjustable shocks.

Brand: Rancho

Product Line: Rancho RS5000 Shocks

Internal Design: Twin-tube

Adjustable: No

Gas Charged: Yes

Bushing Material: Rubber

Bushing Color: Black

Boot Included: Yes

Boot Color: Red

Extended Length (in): 26.250 in.

Collapsed Length (in): 16.000 in.

Upper Mount: Eyelet

Lower Mount: Eyelet

Edited by Jdpathy

That would be it. The stock fronts will work just fine so don't worry so much about those but the rear is the most critical. I would get the 26in extended length 5000 and JGC coils.

So if I could get super lift upper control arms, the stock absorber will still work?

Since we're on the subject, will the shocks for a pathfinder with a 1.5 or 3" SL work on stock suspension to help give some extra articulation with the sway bar disconnected? Or is it best to stick with stock length shocks with no suspension lift?

Guest SuperSon

Should start a poll on shocks. Im thinking of getting the Rancho rs5000 but if you guys think theres something better please post. 3" BL and 3" SL . I ll be working on my SL and figured might as well change the shocks.

I went with the Rancho 5000's up front after 3" suspension lift. There is a part # for a slightly longer shock for Pathy's with some suspension lift, but you should be fine with stock height. I can't seem to find the part # now, but it was in the Rancho book at the off road shop (Central 4Wheel Drive) right there next to the regular stock part #.

As for the BL, you might as well go with Performance Accessories kit from AC. 88Pathoffroad I believe posted the specs on the rear most bolts, but they are pretty hard to come by, and not too cheap. The PA kit with bolts added by AC will come with basically all you need.

Guest SuperSon

I already have my calmini SL and thinking of getting the AC BL . so youre saying that i need extra bolts for the rearmost mounts? Im sure a fastener store carries those in case I need them. Just trying to gather up some stuff that I need so I dont have to make a parts run once I start on the project.

I pretty much got all the hose necessary for the BL like the power steering hose , I opted to just extend those hoses instead of relocating the reservoir and also the hose for the top rad and also bought one for the bottom just in case.

Im figuring if this is planned properly it shouldnt take more than a day and having to use a hydraulic lifters instead of jacks.

I already have my calmini SL and thinking of getting the AC BL . so youre saying that i need extra bolts for the rearmost mounts? Im sure a fastener store carries those in case I need them. Just trying to gather up some stuff that I need so I dont have to make a parts run once I start on the project.

I pretty much got all the hose necessary for the BL  like the power steering hose , I opted to just extend those hoses instead of relocating the reservoir and also the hose for the top rad and also bought one for the bottom just in case.

Im figuring if this is planned properly it shouldnt take more than a day and having to use a hydraulic lifters instead of jacks.

A lot of people have said they couldn't locate the bolts at a local fastener specialty shop, and had to resort to online sources. Basically, on the 4-doors they switched the back mounts to a really long funky metric bolt that is hard to source. The rest of them don't matter cause you're replacing a whole long bolt and nut, but that back mount uses a captive mount in the body. Another idea I had, after the area above the bolt on one of my rear ones had to be cut away to hit it with a torch, was to simply cut in, replace the captive nut with a regular nut and bolt combo, and clean and close it up properly (welded). Probably not worth the effort, unless you have a junker and are trying to stay absolutely as cheap as possible.

By the way, the kit comes with various hoses, fuel line extensions, etc.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Hey got my Mickey Thompson 31 10.50's on today, Also ordered my 3" body lift today, Coming soon #" Calmini!!!!! I will post so pics. I still havent fixed my tranny problem but if nothing else the truck will look good. What esle matters right??

If you buy the BL kit from AC they supply you with all the hardware, bolts etc. that you'll need. The 2 rear bolts are High strength harden metric bolts with 1.00 (fine) pitch thread, the chances of finding a Metric HS bolt with fine pitch in the length and size you need locally is slim to none. Using threaded rod I would strongly recommend against that. Nissan uses the type of bolts they've chosen (OEM) for a reason, there is a huge amount of stress that those bolts are subject to, even more so with any increase in BL lift. The AC kit puts the right stuff in the kit, so no prob!