Cracked fuel line. oops

SantaCruz163

I was changing my fuel fitler and I must have pulled too hard to get the filter off and I cracked the hard line where it bends into that clamp that holds the brake, fuel and return lines to the body. How should I go about fixing this? My buddy was saying a compression fitting?

Heres a pic:

FuelLine.jpg

Those lines look like they've seen better days. It's been my experience that when you disturb them, you'll end up replacing more than just one. If my lines were looking like that I would as you mentioned, use compression fittings and replace the rotten sections of line.

I'm not sure if you can get pre=bent line for the R50's like you can for most north american products but it might be worth asking your local parts store.

Well I did some investigating and found out where it is leaking. There is a pin-size hole on the bottom on the fuel line where the fuel line runs thru that first clamp (where it's all wet in the pic, duh). So what I was thinking about doing is:

1. is there a fuel resistant compound i can use. But kind of a ghetto fix.

2. cut the fuel line past the hole and just run rubber fuel line from the filter to the hardline.

3. do a compression fitting. but that would require removing the entire length of fuel line, probably.

I am leaning more towards number 2. Considering there is already rubber-to-hard line. There would just be a longer length of it, which I don't see being a problem.