locking hubs

88pathylove

Wow, thats cheap, but it has to be for only 1 hub is my guess. I paid a little less than what the frontier hubs cost on that page. I got mine from A/C's website. Mmmm....not to sure what to say about that. Heres the link to the hubs. Maybe do a comparo....

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...35b8f33abf3d6ca

No conversion kit needed. The hubs bolt on and directly replace your stock auto hubs.

indeed, aaron is right. however, make sure you get hubs for 27 spline hubs...... 87-89 are 27 spline, 90-95 are 28 spline and 96+ are 31 spline. ;)

superwinch don't make for the 28 spline pathys :angry:P... but warn do.

NO! They're $150 or so. Pezzy knows of a site where they're $130US.

As JJ said above, that's just the rebuild kit for $20 US

whoops, read previous post wrong, I didn't think that sounded correct :lol: -thnkboutit-

Yeah. Big difference. Auto locking hubs are just that. You switch into 4wd, via the lever, and they lock with one revolution of the wheels. Automatically. Manual locking hubs have a dial that you turn to lock, and unlock them. The benefit of the manual hubs is that they're more durable, and they are positively locked. Whereas, with the autos, sometimes forward/reverse motion can cause them to lock, and unlock as you change directions. Not good when you're trying to get through rough terrain.

That I don't know. I do know that the 90-04's have 28 splines, and the Warn Premium part number is 29091.

I believe that's also the part number for the 00-04 Xterra's

there's a lot to be said for being able to get out of a snow drift by staying nice and warm and dry and just throwing a lever. Would suck to have to crawl out, dig down and freeze my fingers locking my hubs.

of course, the first time I blow apart my autos, I'll change my story

haha yes... funny story...me and mate 4wd one night, it was getting late so we headed for home (the bush tracks were only like 100 mtrs up the road from home) anyway we get home and forgot the hubs (so they were still locked in) anyway next morning off down the bush again, get to this awesome mud pit so we get out and lock hubs in (oh and the hubs have been that scratched up you can't see the arrows which tell you which way is which) so we jump back in truck and head for the mud...well about half way in and we're not going anywhere...look out window and realise the front wheels aren't spinning then remember not unlocking hubs from previous night...so out the window and onto bonnet, then reach down into mud to lock the hubs in...very fun :D

there's a lot to be said for being able to get out of a snow drift by staying nice and warm and dry and just throwing a lever. Would suck to have to crawl out, dig down and freeze my fingers locking my hubs.

of course, the first time I blow apart my autos, I'll change my story

lock the hubs before you head out when it's snowy.

sheesh.