Questions about suspension lift and body lift.

Fantasy

I have an auto 1994 model Nissan Terrano. (Same as Pathfinder but with a TD27T engine).

• With the 4” suspension kits that every one seams to be using do they give you more suspension travel? And if they do, how much more travel do they give you?

• My car is a 4 door with an auto gear box. What am I going to need to change/modify to fit a 2” to 3” body lift kit?

You'll be able to run a 2" or 3" BL with no issues on your auto, unless something is different in the tranny setup with the TD27T engine.

Most suspension lifts people are running here are 3". There are a couple running the Trailmaster 4". As far as I know, neither increases travel in the front end. There isn't much that will.

The rear travel can be increased by installing longer shocks, that allow the rear suspension to droop further. Also, removing the rear swaybar, or installing quick disconnects will help that as well.

Front travel increases by a very small amount with either method of lifting. AFAIK. That's why my CV's keep eating themselves up.

A body lift kit should come with instructions. Alternately, there are a couple of write-ups on this VERY forum about it! Take a look with the search option.

Front travel increases by a very small amount with either method of lifting. AFAIK. That's why my CV's keep eating themselves up.

THe only way I can see that being the case, is due to the difference in UCA bumpstop construction. Might be slightly lower profile. Otherwise, unless you're using BJ spacers, travel shouldn't increase at all.

I think your CV's might be crapping out due to being run at a high angle all the time, and then stressed even further when you flex out. I am willing to bet that if you dropped the front end .5", your CV's would last twice as long.