Mud Terrain?

Jdpathy

I found a 235 mud terrain in the back yard, problem is that it is on a 5 lug rim, I thought that I could mount it on the rim that my spare tire is on now, do you think that will work.

Also will it hurt 4 wheel drive to have a mud terrain on the same axle as a street tire> :shrug:

why would u want to have just one mud terrain???

and no it shouldnt do damage to your drivetrain unless it is drasically smaller or larger than your other tires.....unless you have a locker or welded diff or the like...

-sam

I found a 235 mud terrain in the back yard, problem is that it is on a 5 lug rim, I thought that I could mount it on the rim that my spare tire is on now, do you think that will work.

Also will it hurt 4 wheel drive to have a mud terrain on the same axle as a street tire> :shrug:

I am assuming that your going to use this as a spare?

If you have a good spare already save your money and stick with that. Then later if you refit the truck with MT's (or even AT's) throw that MT on the spare ;)

What size is the rim and what is the rest of the size on that MT?

It is the same size as my car tires, I am running P235 75 r15's and this tire is an lt235 75 r15 and yeah I would use it as the spare, Presently I have a stock spare, 215 75 r15

Edit: I am running Open Diffs all the way around

Edited by Jdpathy

If that's the case, you'll be fine. Though, it will handle differently than your current tires if you ever have to use it, though, probably less noticeably so than your current, smaller spare.