New and Stoked!

barthel

Greetings All!

New to the forums and just wanted to say "Hi". I've been reading the forums for a few months but decided it was time to get involved.

I have an 88 SE V6. It's beaten, battered and bruised but I love it. I've had it for about 8 years now and just recently decided it's time to build it up. It's stock, but only for the moment.

Plans are for 2 to 3" suspension lift, 15X7 Cragar Black D wheels, 31X10.5's, polyurethane bushings all around, new UCA's, headers (having trouble finding CA legal ones), ARB front with a winch, rear locker, etc, etc.

I imagine I'll be spending quite a lot of time here as I have about a thousand questions, most of which it looks like you guys have answered already.

And, a special hello to any SoCal members. =)

Jay

WAVEY hello and welcome from central cali!!!! :beer: doug thorley headers are CA legal and only $338 from summit racing. i run them on my 92 and will be getting a set for my 91. -bounce-

[doug thorley headers are CA legal and only $338 from summit racing. i run them on my 92 and will be getting a set for my 91.]

Thanks for the info Slick. Did you have any issues getting past the smog test? I was thinking about re-diong my exhaust system, headers, high flow cat, Flowmaster Series 50 but got worried when I found out about all this CARB sertified stuff.

[doug thorley headers are CA legal and only $338 from summit racing. i run them on my 92 and will be getting a set for my 91.]

Thanks for the info Slick. Did you have any issues getting past the smog test? I was thinking about re-diong my exhaust system, headers, high flow cat, Flowmaster Series 50 but got worried when I found out about all this CARB sertified stuff.

what you just mentioned is exactly what i am running on mini me lmao! no, even with a blown head gasket she barely failed smog, with a new head gasket she barely registered on the scales lol. i also have a sound clip of what she sounds like sly been running the set up with 2.5" pipe for 2 years now.

click the linky in my sig and go to videos.... and have a listen...... (bear in mind the piece of exhaust that the o2 sensor is in is still stock size, haven't got around to changing it yet so it slightly changes the sound) ;)

Slick,

Sounds truly awesome! That's definitely the set up I want to go with. Which cat did you use?

Where did you get that tube bumper? I'm looking for a good front end and am not sure I want to spend $750 on the ARB Bull front (although it looks GREAT).

Slick,

Sounds truly awesome!  That's definitely the set up I want to go with.  Which cat did you use?

Where did you get that tube bumper?  I'm looking for a good front end and am not sure I want to spend $750 on the ARB Bull front (although it looks GREAT).

it's a smittybuilt, prolly off a mid 80's yota, that i picked up from another NPORA cali member last spring. :D slightly modified sly (i did a bit of a write up with pics on the install)

i just used a high flow, no name brand cat. i had nor cal truck & muffler put it all together for me. i installed the headers, then took her down to have the rest of the exhaust built, as i had it straightened out as much as i could, and raised with the tail pipe cut off and formed to face downward just behind the rear tire. i have the good part of $650-$700 into that system...but i LOVE it and can't wait to do king caca the same way, tho i may put a borla muffler under him just to see what that sounds like.... nice to have 2 pathy's to play with lol :D:beer:

Edited by Slick