fog light switch

Piscator

Can someone with a 94 or 95 pathy please pull your fog light switch and note the order of the wires. I buggered mine up trying to see why it stopped working and foolishly didn't write down the order :furious: The FSM does not have a diagram for the switch.

Thanks!

I have a 95. I'll pop out at lunch and look for you.

ok... my switch is installed with the indicator light on the uphill side and the diagram on the downhill.

there are 4 terminals. Holding the switch in position (but above the slot), the wires are:

uphill passenger side - Purple

downhill passenger side - Yellow

uphill drivers side - Green

downhill drivers side - open (no wire)

hope this helps

Edited by k9sar

Here you go. The loose purple wire goes (obviously) on that empty terminal.

ROFL Mr. P! Your terminals are nicely attached using heat shrink sleving. I should post a pic of mine.... they used masking tape. not electrical tape, MASKING TAPE!!!

Thank you K9sar adn Mr Pickles. Thats exactly what I needed. (and why I need to spend more time here!)

Yeah, 2 of mine have the nice heat shrink on them and the white one has the masking tape. Glad to see Japanese workers so much more about their work than us Americans do ....not. My masking tape was not put on professionally and is unravelling, I need to get some more since all I have is electrical tape inappropiate for that application :D

Do not cross the white or green whires with the purple one...you'll blow your right side headlight fuse..whats up with that? It must be part of how that switch is keyed to the low beams???

BTW K9sar, is your handle refelctive of your occupation?

Well, I can see more of it here than on TV. Besides, the big TV (your old one) is dominated by two little game playing demons who comsume all of its available capacity. :)

I hooked up thewirestoday and at least now the little light comes on again. The fogs ( OK AC's 100 watt monsters) still won't go on from the switch. Once itswarm again someone who likes Keri's butt will help me trace the wires (since they aren't in the FSM :furious: )

After all, its not like I need them every day (well, OK I do see some AH who needs to be zapped by halogen landing lights pretty much every day)

Edited by Piscator