vg33MAF

Piscator

Has any one swapped a VG33 MAF on to a VG30 engine? I have the 33 MAF adn filter box lid and some extra VG30 and 33 connectorsto play with. I want to make sure I put the wires onto the correct connectors. If some's done it I haveno problem taking the easy way out.

You will need a VG33 air box lid and MAF. OffroadX got me a couple VG33 and VG30 connectors to play with so we can disect them and see what makes things tick. Once we're ready to try something, we'll leave the stock (VG30) plug in place and splice in a VG33 Wire/connector. That way I can go back anytime I want to or need to.

Apologies for the bad grammer in the first post, These dell laptops have a finicky space bar adn apparently I didn't read it 2x before posting :)

Why would you only swap out the MAF, you could also swap out the TB and upper plenum, opening up the entire airway so it could really get a good shot of air. I've heard of some mounting the 3.3 TB on the stock 3.0 plenum, but that requires some machining. I seen a few sources consistantly claim that the 3.3 plenum is more air flow efficient than the 3.0 plenum?

I have a 3.3 plenum, Its currently with lee so he can port match it to the lower (and heads) I sent him for P&P. There are some vacuum lines that need to be rerouted or closed but its not too bad a conversion...you also need to get a VG33 valve cover for that side (lower profile) for it to fit.

For now tho, I have the MAF in hand, Lee still has my heads and stuff so I'll do the plenum when I can.

Looking forward to hear how that turns out. I was seriously considering the same, replacing the complete intake plenum, TB and MAF and everything in between. Didn't know you had to replace the VC on the TB side of the plenum though, still doesn't sound to bad. A few pics would be nice when you get it all back together.

The VG33 plenum has a larger intake opening to go with the larger throttle body, but they're otherwise pretty much the same other than various vacuum ports and such. However, the VG30 MAF is the real bottleneck in the system, quite a bit more restrictive than the throttle body, should see something decent from swapping the MAF. The VG33 and VG30 MAF are 3-wire units, and have similar, somewhat overlapping, voltages, so should be compatible. We'll know soon enough, though this weekend is going to be too damned cold to monkey around with it...

I think the 50mm vs 60mm measurements are at the throttle body rather than the MAF.

The biggest restriction in the VG30 system is the MAF, the opening is about the size of a silver dollar, the VG33 MAF has a much largeropening even accounting for the sensor sampler thingy in the VG33 model. XterraGuy is also right about the VG33 upper plenum flowing better than the VG30 model.

At any rate, once its got done, I'll post a"how to" for everyoneto play with. Too frikkin cold for now though.