Replacing valve cover gaskets?

BLouisGod

Ive got some serious oil leaking out of the passenger side valve cover that is running down to the real main seal area. I have never worked on v6's, only 4s and have 0 valve cover experience but I cant imagine it to be to difficult. I searched, but has anyone done it and if so, how much work am I looking at and do you have any pointers? TY.

You may want to get a long phillips screwdriver and check the cover screws. They come loose and can create a leak. To save you some time and money, just tighten them and clean the oil up. Otherwise, the passenger side valve cover is fairly easy, the drivers side is the bad one.

just did the pass side rocker cover. yeah its pretty dead simple. if you have to replace the gasket, theyre pretty reasonably priced, and easy to put in. screws are all that holds it in, just might take a bit of 'nudging' to get it off. Be careful though. It really doesnt take much to damage the metal, if you try to pry the cover off. Hammer and wood-block will do it, with some effort.