Lifts

headpeace

26 members have voted

1. 1. Lifts

• 3" BL is good enough
    • 3" SL works for me
    • 3+3=6" is the way to go
    • Leave it alone, stock is good enough

If you had the option, what would you do? I don't plan on doing a SAS, and don't plan on spending $800 for a TM lift so thats why I only listed the 4 options. Just curious for you guys opinions, comments, experiences

I hear ya Pavelow. The only time mine looks lifted to me, is when I look at a pic of it stock....and I AM running 32's. I am hoping to have a BL in for the spring, then 33's when my 32's wear out.

So I did the 3+3 and 33's. First of all the truck looks awsome. There is no other pathys around that look like it(I like to be different). Now, for function..Off road there is plenty of clearance without getting too tippy. On road, it is a daily driver, so gas mileage sucks, a few pops and squeaks. But once again, it looks good. I get compliments from Jeep guys now and again. That much change makes the pathy look grown up. Other than that, lost a centerlink, CV boot and exhaust hanger. It would be nice to be able to just bolt up some sliders and a ARB without modifying for the bodylift. Oh well, I still like it! :D

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

if your not gona sas then 3+3. thats what I had and liked it. besides the fact that BL suck. now im just on a BL because of laws but clear my 33" FINE. I had no rubbing on 15x8 with 4"bs. When I sas, I may or maynot remove the BL. the only reason I would keep it is that it makes working on the truck sooooo easy. infact it makes it so easy, when I replaced trans I put the 3" in just so I could get to all the bolts easier.

if I had another chance, I may just keep it all stock with a MINOR suspension lift(more less get it back to stock height) upgrade the steering and run some wide 31's. that way I would have saved money and could sas alot sooner.

Are you going for style or function?

For function with 31's, I like 2" suspension. Enough to get more clearance, but doesn't put too much extra stress on CV's.

that may be fine for playin in the mud and mild trails, but with my 3" and 31's I am often limited by my clearance, that is the only reason I want a body lift is so I can get bigger tires and gain a lil more clearance. I guess it all depends on what you do. There's no mud in NM, so rock crawling is pretty much my option, and although I can do most of the trails, the only reason I can't do all of them is clearance.

I Did the TM 4" Lift, and it turns into a big project fast. A Lot of lifts above 2" call for new Wheels.. usually not cheap, especially for 5. Rubber costs money, too. Steering becomes an issue pretty quick off-roading, even without a lift. Those kits aren't cheap(especially since I have to get everything shipped accross the border)

If I were to do it again, I think I would go with Calmini Right away. Their parts seem really strong, and theyve made a name for themselves with more than just gimmicks. There seems to be some Engineering thought in what they sell. 'Course, theyre expensive, and take Forever to ship, sometimes.

My TM Kit is nice(no other 4" Kits that Ive seen), but there was some things I didnt like right away:

-Coil spacers, vice longer coils (stock coils are prob sagged, so count out an Actual 4" in the rear, unless you put in bigger springs)

-Rear Axle appears pulled forward, so now theres not as much clearance in the wells.

-Crossmsmber + T-Bars in harm's way(or maybe that's just my truck)

-No HD T-Bars in the kit. (Again, Stock T-Bars prob sagged)

-Must be really careful with Wheel selection. If there's too much Backspace, You wont be able to run a decent sized tire (BFG 33s Rubbed on the UCAs when we put em on the Eagle Alloy Rims)

From what I can see in the images, The Calmini Kit Addresses Every Single One of these issues, except the Wheel Backspace. That was my fault.

Sorry, rambling again