97 Stereo Install

You should be able to run all your speakers and sub off that 1 amp. Bridge a pair of channels for the sub and wire the other speakers off the other set of channels. Depending on what speakers you are using you would want to wire in parallel or series. Your current draw shouldn't be too much for your speakers to overload the amp but then again it is a Sony.

I assume it is this guy: Sony Amp

Looks like it is 2ohm stable so what is the impedence of all your speakers?

Thats the one

I have the Infinity refference Series speakers . I think they are 4 ohms. Should I hook them up parallel? (++ --)

I would. You can reference Wiring Guide for various ways.

You'll probably have to turn down the gain for the set of channels as you are driving your amp below the recommended load. You could also bridge that set of channels and run a series/parallel wiring scheme however your setup would be mono rather than stereo but it would give you the right load.

What kind of Sub do you have and what is the impedence on it? That too can make a difference on your setup.

I love ghetto stealth creations. Luckily I live in a place with very low crime so it isn't a big concern of mine. In High School my buddy glued cardboard to the sides of the box with the woofers firing at the rear seat. Nobody guessed there were 2 12's hidden in there.

heres my amps and distrobution block in the back storage area of the '97. I went with functionality over looks for now, oh and that 0 gauge cable going into the distro and 4 gauge going to each amp.

post-7-1175907165.jpg

lid closed, but i still need to cut out the bottom of that pocket so the lid closes correctly. I also shot some screws on the sides because that pocket just snaps in and rattled around without them

post-7-1175907427.jpg

end result...only the wire for the sub (which just sits in the back for now) exposed, and i can still take out the sub, fold down the seats, and not worry about messing up my equipment.

post-7-1175907511.jpg

Alright after much thought and review of thos post I placed the XPLOD amp in the cuppy home under the carpet, I got rid of my original sub amp and just used the XPLOD for everything. One set of channels for the door speakers hooked up in Parallel and the other channel to run two 10" Polk subs in parallel as well. Seems like the amp is 2 ohm stable so I ran it. Sounds pretty good. Bought some cheap boxes and put one on each side and placed the interever screwed on the pass side rear wall. Seats are able to fold down with no problem and the wires are hidden under the carpet. Will post pictures later. Thanks for your input guys.