03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Wisecrakker

Well in March of 02 I traded ion the trusted 95 Pathy for an 02 300M special edition. Super nice car, handles great yada yada yada. First sedan I had owned in 8 yrs

Long story short....someone took the side off the car last year and now it is not the same at all.

I am looking at an 03 frontier crew cab long box. 51000 miles, clean carfax report

Any recommendations.

Thanks a bunch. :shrug:

mmmm fronty goodness... They're great trucks. I dont know too many issues... you may want to check out a fronty club and see if they have any known issues (I cant think of any)

Nice! Choclate covered mud always looks good on the side of a white truck :P

Never heard of issues w/ them, and there's plenty of people who flog the hell outta theif Fronty's. Good luck!

I know a couple of guys who use them as their forestry work trucks and like them a lot, one even is a repeat owner. They have not mentioned any specific issues.

Ok, the 03's are nice rigs. There are a few recalls you need to make sure where performed. There is one for the rear abs sensors. Water gets past the sensor and will corrode the inside of the axle and wipe out the bearing. The other is the fuel sending unit reseal or replacement. The connectors corrode and will cause a no start/no run issue. Mechanical wise, check for coolant leaks at the upper coolant pipe where it goes into the intake manifold, they like to leak. Also the t-stat bypass hose can split and leak. Other than that, there is not very many problems. Of course you can only hope the PO took care of the vehicle and used his warranty.

I had a 2wd pick up fpr 5 years... it's different!!

I had a few bags of sand over the back wheels to weigh the back down a bit, and help with the ass end slipping out on me... took some getting used to, slowing down a lot more around corners and whatnot...

With respect to the 2WD and need for sandbags in the back, a friend who was in the same boat used to put 4 concrete patio tiles in the back over the axle. That allowed him to still use the box and not have to worry about splitting a sandbag open, although with a sandbag you have the option of splitting it open to spread the sand around in a really messy pickle...

• 2 weeks later...