Keyless entry/alarm

ILoveMyPatty

I know there's a topic about in the How To section, but it's fairly unactive and the link seems to be dead.

I need to know how to completely reset the system, it got set somehow so the immobilizer thing is always on, and I can't start the Pathy. I pulled the fuse so I can drive it, but I hate having to unlock with the key all the time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Try unplugging the control unit under the drivers seat for a few minutes. You should be able to run the vehicle with it unplugged. When mine went out last year while driving, I just unplugged it until I could replace it. Everything else worked fine. If you cant turn it off with the key fob, try both key cylinders lock and unlock. Or set off the alarm then immediatly put the key in the ignition and turn it to on. That should stop it.

Id reprogram the whole system with your keyless remote and all. I believe I accessed the control unit under the drivers seat, pressed and held the botton covered by small paper until it clicked, then held the lock button on the remote until the control unit clicks.

The remote should work and all should be reset. my alarm would go off for no reason a couple times a month; my neighbors still goes off lol - I havent told him about the reset button, its to funny hearing him curse up a storm :wacko:

There's a control unit under the drivers seat? All there is under there is a plate with a lock on it (for a key)... I think the PO had a phone in there, under the seat (there's a mic on the door frame, right to the left of the driver.

Do you have a picture of this unit? Or can you get one?

All I can find is a black Clifford box, under my dash.