Location to lift body from?

LD50

I'm going through all the steps for a BL before I dive into it next month, and was wondering if it would be possible to lift the body (1 side at a time) using a hi-lift jack between the front and rear doors with a 2x4 distributing the weight? Or will I crush my rockers?

The reason I ask is, I need a new jack anyways, so I figured I may be able to kill 2 birds with one stone and buy a hi-lift and use it to raise the body P...

just stack up some 2x4s or 4x4s on a jack and place between the frame and body. theres JUST enough room for the wood. And make sure to do one side at a time. And yes, you will probably crush your rockers if you do what you said.

Edited by Kn0xville

Very special kit girl_drink3.gif

errrr... regarding picture immediately to left of Pepsi Light bottle cap....

(go back and look at picture)

OK. ummm.... is she trimming her toenails, or removing toe jam, or what?

And just for the record, I had stared at and admired the vodka bottle for quite a while before I noticed the picture!

lol!

I used a block of scrap 2x4 on top of the jack to prevent the jack from possibly denting in the floor of the body. Be careful when lifting it, though. Go slow so it doesn't slip out or fall off the jack. That would be bad.

Ditto on this, I used wood scraps- a couple 2x4's plus I think a 4x4 stacked. Whatever height you end up using, it doesn't hurt to go back and screw in say a 1/4 piece of plywood or similar on the side of the stack for stability. 2 1/4" or so wood slides up into the gap between the body and frame, so you should be in good shape, just wiggle. The plywood helps hold everthing together in the stack together if you're like me and did the install, lifting, etc. alone.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Guest SuperSon

I didnt know GL4 and 5's comes in a can in Russia :P

Iron are those stock fender flares on the Terrano? They look beefier than the stock pathys :confused: