Oh crap

eglaisi_91pathy

I was offroading a little bit yesterday, nothing major, mostly mud+snow. I tore that place up for a few mintues, the truck was covered in mud, couldnt see what color it was.

Ok, thats great, so im pretty proud of myself gettin that dirty and I go home. Today, I drove downtown to run errands. At 80km/h (50mph) the truck starts vibrating ridiculously, steering actually going back and forth fast, you have to keep 2 hands on the wheel when it does this. The hood is also violently shaking. Its fine driving other than that, just at 50+ it does this. I thought it was mud caked in my rims, so I washed the truck at the carwash, and still did same thing on the way home. What happened?? :(

Make sure it's not mud in the wheels. Even if you used a pressure was it doesn't mean you got all the mud out. I've seen having to take the wheels right off the truck to clean them out good enough to stop the vibration. Also, if you have center caps/Hub caps take them of and clean inside those also.

Bent rim, you would have to hit something pretty hard. Since you didn't mention hitting anything, I'm asuming you didn't hit anything that hard.

I can't see a rotor getting warpped bad enough to cause a vibration without the brakes beeing applied.

I would be willing to bet it's mud stuck somewhere. If it has a side to side on the wheel, you probably have a front wheel mud issue. So take both front wheels off and check the back side of the wheels. Most aluminum wheels have hollows where your spokes are. This is probably where you'll find the mud.

Good luck and let us know.

Denis

I think it would be pretty noticeable if I bent a wheel, and would probably change the drivability (this a word?) in the lower speeds aswell as the higher speeds. Probably a weight missing or mud on the inside. I also just noticed Im missing a center cap on the front.

Took the wheels off, cleaned them and sure enough a huge pile of dried mud was produced. No more shaking. On the way home for lunch today I took the same trail (since its on the way and its a shortcut) and it was pouring rain. My windshield wipers broke. Good thing this happened before, so I knew exactly what happened. The rod underneath the louvers/valiance came off and its only a matter of pooping it back on. The funny part is that it was raining even harder today and more muddy, and without wipers, i had to drive home with my window rolled down and head stickin' out, like ace ventura but add getting mud all over your face :lol: at home it was a quick fix and they are working again. I think the Pathy is gettin' even with me for all those times that i may have grinded gears, or did burnouts :D

If you bash it daily, your Pathy is rebeling! I had a buddy who was hard on everything except for a moped, it wouldn't werk when he got on it! We could drive it all day long, then he'd get on it and it would not co-operate, we'd get back on a go for the rest of the night. Machinery does have a soul...maybe your Pathy's tellin' ya something. LOL sly

If you bash it daily, your Pathy is rebeling! I had a buddy who was hard on everything except for a moped, it wouldn't werk when he got on it! We could drive it all day long, then he'd get on it and it would not co-operate, we'd get back on a go for the rest of the night. Machinery does have a soul...maybe your Pathy's tellin' ya something. LOL sly

:beer: i agree. mini me is brutal. if she gets abused in any way.. she lets me know.. subtly at first, then by breaking something.

king caca thrives on "abuse" (i never really ABUSE my rigs).... makes him feel good.. he ALWAYS runs BETTER when he goes wheeling than when i just drive him aorund town :blink: