newbie too from NJ!

yugin

hi to all enthusiast! I'm new here and let me share my recent encounters with my truck.

I have 93 SE-V6 pathfinder, got it last august 06 with 93K. took it to south carolina last thanksgiving and unfortunately the tranny broke. we're 3 hrs away from SC, i'm cruisin 75mph at interstate 95 then suddenly the tranny neutralled on me, engine revs but no power, pulled over and tried shifting gears no car movent, engine just revs.

what a story from a newbie huh? well all is said and done, i had the tranny rebuilt at AAMCO in fayetteville, NC truck stayed there for a week and a half. i got the truck last weekend and it's shifting great now after $$$.

why did i spend that much to save this old truck??? that's the question i got from almost everybody i talked to. well for me the truck is in great shape, looks good, it's just that sh#t happens. here's some picture of the truck, you be the judge.

thanks!!

2494767_1.jpg

2494767_3.jpg

2494767_6.jpg

yup. add the tranny cooler and yer good. nice rig btw! i love that color!

also. before thomas gets his .02 in... when was the timing belt changed last?

welcome to NPORA :beer:

Thanks for all your kind words!

what do you mean by adding external oil cooler, isnt it it has an oil cooler already, the one in the radiator?

Couse It's not good enough to do the job. Too small and it cloggs up very easy so I've been told.

While you buying stuff when was the cambelt done last? :D

Cambelt was done 16K miles ago, i got the paper works from the previous owner.

eventhough i'll be using the truck just for daily driving with no plans of using it for towing or hauling, dont you think it will be "overkill" to put another external oil cooler?

Cambelt was done 16K miles ago, i got the paper works from the previous owner.

eventhough i'll be using the truck just for daily driving with no plans of using it for towing or hauling, dont you think it will be "overkill" to put another external oil cooler?

:nono: no such thing as overkill when it comes to tranny coolers. you bypass the stock cooler ;)