Bumper Call!

El Pathfindero

Buddy of mine offered to build me some custom shettmetal bumpers....so If you guys can throw out any pics you got of some that would be sweet!!

Looking for either prerunner-style for de front or Road-Armor Style for the front.

and a tube-cagelike style for the back

I know I know You're not my search engine, but i have dial up and I'd rather load one page of pics than 30....and you guys might have some ive never seen before

EL P :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

I have created full computer generated design plans for a '95 pathy front bumper that i am now working on building. this is an unrefined render of the design if you interested in more detailed plans. It has a winch mount built in and it incorperates indicator lights(does not use origional bumper indicators)

bumperrender.jpg

the only detail missing is the specs for the new mounting brackets it will require. I will be designing a rear bumper as well but I'm not sure what style yet. I also have designed rock slider bars if your interested, I haven't attempted to build those yet though.

The design of this bumper uses sheet metal over an internal 1” square tubular steel frame, though using thicker sheet metal on the exterior could eliminate the need for the internal frame. Do to my own needs and the availability of cash and tools I opted for a frame. These are the over all dimensions of the bumper viewed from the front and top. All measurements are in inches.

frontviewdimensions.jpg

topviewdimensions.jpg

These are the dimensions of each of the individual external sheet metal parts.

bumperlayout1.jpg

bumperlayout2.jpg

This design is far easier to appreciate in the 3D modelling program Rhinoceros 3D, which I used to create it. If anyone is interested in actually seeing this in 3D, there is a free trial version that will allow you to view the model. The trial software can be found here: http://download.mcneel.com/rhino/3.0/eval/ I can send the bumper design file to anyone who wants it.

I haven't done any formal pricing cuz i get metal here and there, I do most of the cutting and shaping myself or i have friends that can, plus i know a guy that will weld stuff cheep for me, so thus far i have only spent about $200 but i dont know the total yet.