Roof Top Cargo Bag?

abomb1

I need a way to get more things packed into the Pathfinder, especially with Christmas coming. I think the roof top cargo bags seem to be the least expensive way of getting more waterproof space. Has anyone used one of these? I'm looking for any opinions on brands that worked or didn't work for any reason. Thanks for the help! :beer:

Well, I have one by Steelhorse, and another which is just a big hockey bag... But Ive only ever used them for camping crap I dont want in the truck, like tarps & tents and whatnot, that if they got wet, I wouldnt be too worried. If I did care about it, I would likely just toss em in a garbage bag or two, then in the bag, just incase.

I got one from GI Joe's and use it in my basket rack for camping gear. Can't recall the brand, I'll look for the box if I still have it. So far its great, really rugged, and keeps stuff clean and dry. I think I only paid like $19.95 on sale and it holds an area roughly probably 40"x40"x24 tall or so.

Ah Pezzy, I've used the hockey bag on top as well! It works just fine but nothing really stays water proof when you're driving 75 in freezing rain even though I placed stuff into big black garbage bags, the ice crystals are like bullets! Your MPG will suffer of course, but when you need to carry stuff who cares.

Space is a true premium in a Pathy when travelling especially when you have two little kids like I do. I have removable Thule roof racks and a rigid Thule box. Both are great as the racks have feet made specifically for a Pathfinder so they are bomb proof. The box is nice as it keeps things dry, is more arrowdynamic then a bag and is lockable. I use it mainly for camping and skiing (we do a lot of both) but will be strapping it on for the Christmas trip. If it's something you think you might use a lot like I do it's worth spending the extra $$. If not go with the bag.