My pathy was attacked

93xe

Guy in a minivan smashed my drivers side front fender/bumper.Pics to come...but i think she is totalled...grey exterior/interior 93 xe 5 speed manual windows and locks...look for a complete part out soon in the fs section..

Edited by 93xe

Guest SuperSon

oOPS,Wheres my manners.Sorry to hear about that.

Just curious, why would you part it out if its just the drivers side front fender?

I had the same misfortune back 4 years ago on my Supra and the insurance said its totaled,I bought the car back from them and fixed the fender and some trimmings.

Edited by SuperSon

^^^what SS said. sounds fixable but lets see pics. frame damage? and save some parts for me!!!!

i hope you and the bad driver who hit you are ok and no one was hurt. if he was ok... i hope you proceeded to kick his ass. P...

I hope this is one of those "...but you should see the other guy" situations. B)

Sorry about the rig. Hope its fixable. If not I think we should all have a toast to the departed.

-alcohol-

sorry for the delayed responses...i work retail this weekend has been pretty crazy. It is not just the d.s. fender but the whole front bumper, grille, headlight and corner assembly, hood is bent, fender flare, wheel well liner, under bumper spoiler, and the air box in the fender is cracked. The truck is almost 14 years old, although low miles (under 113,000), frame was rusted but professionally boxed in over a year ago. I just figured that the age combined with all the components that will need replacing would warrant a total, in which case i would buy it back and part it out. I love my pathy, its my second one, but its my only transportation and i have been looking to upgrade to something a little more suited to my situation. I really never have more than one passenger, and i have to haul sheets of mdf and atv's constantly so i am leaning towards a 98-02 frontier king cab. Anyways, i should know this week what the decision is and as soon as i do you guys will be the first to know. Truck is a 1993 xe-v6, manual windows, manual locks, dark gray exterior, light grey interior, 15x6 chromies, rear wing w/ 3rd bl, etc. Pics coming soon

EDIT: located outside of Philadelphia, PA

Edited by 93xe

Sorry to hear that Bud. Sounds like the Pathy still had plenty of life left. Lets see what the insurance company says. All in all, it may work out better for you in the long run; a frontier, like you said. Important thing is that everyone is ok.

Why won't anyone total my truck ? I've been waiting... :unsure:

B

well i had no ride to work the day after so after some work with a crowbar, a chain, a big tree and some ducttape i was able to drive...although very slowly...i checked before heading out onto the road and at about 3/4 front suspension compression the tire hits the damaged metal inside the fender...so i am not gonna drive it anymore

post-1-1164575840.jpg

one more pic...

precise - i know it doesn't look bad but the whole front end is sitting slightly off to the left, and the steering is very loose...truck is only worth around what 2-3g in mint condition?? thats why i figured it would be totaled, and like i said if not totalled i will part out anyway and get a frest start on something a little newer

post-1-1164575992.jpg

Guest SuperSon

Make sure you get an estimate first from a body shop to see how much its going to cost to fix it so you kinda have an idea instead of just going by whatever the insurance adjuster says.

Make sure you get an estimate first from a body shop to see how much its going to cost to fix it so you kinda have an idea instead of just going by whatever the insurance adjuster says.

thats what im doing tomorrow morning....

Edited by 93xe

Philadelphia, PA, eh? My mom is in Reading, PA.

I am on the west coast of Canada. Too bad, you have a couple parts I would take. I wonder how much they would charge to ship a rim across the country. I need a matching 5th rim for my pathfinder... OK, I don't technically NEED it, but it sure would be cool.

Philadelphia, PA, eh? My mom is in Reading, PA.

I am on the west coast of Canada. Too bad, you have a couple parts I would take. I wonder how much they would charge to ship a rim across the country. I need a matching 5th rim for my pathfinder... OK, I don't technically NEED it, but it sure would be cool.

stock 5x7 rim? i have a whole set of em... and i'm in cali.

hope you at least get to part the pathy out, that would help with finances towards another pathy sly