No sound out of the drivers door speaker

zack1978

Hi everyone,

I own a 1995 SE-V6 Path that I took out the stock head unit some years ago, to replace it with a Sony CD Head unit. When I put the Sony in I used a Crutchfield interface to retain the use of the stock amp. For a while all was fine the suddenly the speaker in the drivers front door stopped putting out sound. All you hear from it is just a faint static sound. For a while the speaker would randomly start to work for a few min then cut back out. When it did work there was no corralation to bumps or pot holes, etc. Now for a long time it has not played at all. I am 99% sure that my head unit is fine, so what might I look at? Does anyone think that there is a problem in the stock amp?

Thanks,

Zack

the speaker is probably just bad...these stock speakers in these trucks have a tendency to dry rot and flake away (especially the front ones)...buy a new pair of fronts and bypass the amp...

I had/have the same problem, IMO its the front stock amp, at least thats whats wrong with mine. Its located behind the rear pass side panel. Mine has worked on/off with static for years. I don't require the most superb sound so I just fade to the rear, doesn't sound near as good but I can still hear it. If it was a just a speaker the other side would still work, as well as the pillar tweeters

The speaker wire is completely wrapped in electrical tape? If its touching the other side of the wire (the dark touching the light) then the sound won't come through. Experienced the same sort of problem when I installed my speakers.