Is there access thru the fire wall?

jammer

I've been plowing now for three years and have been runing the wires out from under the hood and into the front seat through the passanger window but would like to do it proper and punch it through the firewall. Has anyone done this and if so where is the best location?

BTW if anyone is looking for a plow mine is made by Snowbear and it's great. It's light duty but has easily handles 18" of snow and more. The mounting bracket is made for a pathy so no drilling, just bolts right on. Plow is raised and lowered by a winch which is on the plow bracket not the truck and can be manually angled left or right. Bought it at Crappy Tire (AKA Canadian Tire) for around $1000 if I remember correctly and it paid for itself in the first year.

i have wires running through the firewall where the harness goes through.. the grommet is very waterproof and can be hard to deal with as it's folded over a few times but with a little patience and nimble fingers you can get wires through there.. no problem.

On my 87 and 88 there is a block off plate in the engine compartment right above the spot where the throttle cable goes through the firewall. It is held on with 3 screws. Pop the screws and pull the plate and you can drill it conveniently on the workbench. Make sure you put a grommet in!