you polished what?

SteeevO

polished-tb.jpg

i had an extra so i figured i'd polish it and see what happens.. i'm also thinking about getting a TB spacer and cone filter.. hopefully will get some more poweer to the ground..

Edited by SteeevO

That is the most restrictive point in all of our intakes.... Boring it would allow more air to pass, but I dont think it would blow the MAF out...

If I had an extra one, I know I would make that hole bigger... Just to test it....

Interesting!

If I had an extra MAF and TB Id bore them both out about .250"... Im thinking that it would give us a little more throtle to play with and we would be breathing better...

As for calibration, I think we need someone who knows more than we do combined...

will the TB and intake manifolds bolt up from a 3.3? cause there is a junk yard like 15 min away from here.. also spencer low will machine the 3.3 TB's bigger but i was wondering why not just use the 3.3 stock tb on a 3.0?? will it bolt up? what parts of the 3.3 intake system will directly bolt up to the 3.0? I'm going to have to think up a whole new intake system for our engines. one that goes more in depth then just bolting on a cone...

i was wondering why not just use the 3.3 stock tb on a 3.0??
I have asked that question myself..

Think we need 5523Pathfinder to grab a 3.0 and a 3.3 TB Gasket and see how well they match up???

Edited by Casey.T

Yes, they will bolt up. I'm sure you could use the MAF sensor off the 3.3 as well since it's a ginormous bore. Also, replace the intake charge pipe--the rubber/plastic pos with some real piping.

pointless to swap the 3.3 intake manifolds onto your 3.0 because it has no provisions for the EGR and emissions and plus it's the same thing as your 3.0 intake manifold. What you want is the heads off the 3.3.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

so the intake is the same size??... jeez no wonder the 3.3 hardly puts out anymore hp than the 3.0 when stock.

So what we are looking at here is getting the 3.3 TB and getting a pipe and large filter like this.... one from AEM

Brute-Force-Intakegeneral-im.jpg

AEM makes a intake system for the 3.3 with a new pipe :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SuperSon

I think its pointless to do a bigger pipe or even a TB if its not sucking enough air in there.

I was thinking of putting a mini hood scoop just right above the filter. What do you guys think?