Wondering about this ebay item...

sammyb33

LINK TO ITEM

i am looking for the digital compass, and temp readout unit (whatever u wanna call it) because i am going to wire it up to be used in my WD.....local JYs want a little more for the unit, because they know they can rape me on it....

so found this on ebay, thought that it looks like a good idea, but if anyone knows how or where i could get just the unit cheaper closer or newer, that would be great.

-sam

i messaged the guy, and he said all that it does not have is the sensors

it has the acutal unit, just not the sensors that go up on the rad. support....

(should have included that i suppose)

I wouldn't think that JY's have an over-abundance of an item like that. Then again, I never checked. $25.00 sounds decent to me, unless you have a friend with a good set of wire cutters and screw-drivers :D I'd worry more about the sensors. That will prob. be your high dollar item.

Why not get a generic temp/compass unit to use instead of that? Prob be easier to install and look better too... :shrug:

Then agaihn, are you using it for what it's actually used for or purely aesthetics?

Edited by navygz19

I think the sensors and wiring might be a issue. Ive thought about installing a Xterra rear view mirror kit in mine. I would move the rear view mirror from the roof onto the glass though. But it has a built in compass and temp readout. The kit comes with all of the wiring and sensors. Ive actually installed a few and its pretty easy. I am not to sure of the price though. I was going to piece it together from warrantied kits that can still be used that are laying around at my work.

well actually all i want to be able to toy around with is the actual compass temp unit. im not actually going to be mounting it on my ceiling....well at this point i wasnt planning on it.

what i was going to do was use the extra pocket below my cd player, make a face plate that included some switches, the temp/compass...that sorta thing. we will see once i get the whole console in my hands, i might try to get my friend (fiberglass guru) to make something fit too the roof....

so basically i just need the thing to look at and decide.....and 98silverpathy PMed me and he has the sensor and harness he is selling me for 10 bucks, so i think ill be ok on the price of the overall project (that might not work out anyway...)

thanks and any other input would be welcome....

-sam

----hey 88, so your saying the blazer console fits up on the roof?? or what were you planning on doing with yours???

i appreciate the link, but in case you haddent noticed, i posted in the like when he originally was talkin about it, and then also bumped it up to ask a few more questions, but agian, i do appreciate the link, cuz most of the time it helps and i dont kno about it :)

-sam