AC 3" suspension lift problem

GAC

I ordered the AC 3" suspension lift. Everything arrived and last night I decided to go ahead and put it in the truck (1991 Pathfinder SE-V6 Automatic with all possible options). When I removed the original torsion bar and compared it to the AC torsion bar the AC torsion bar is about an inch shorter. My issue is I live in Colombia South America and to return the Torsion bar is a pain in the behind, does anyone have any ideas?

sorry man....im thinking that if it doesnt fit, it doesnt fit....its looking like you are gonna have to send it back....or just to be sure, fit it on your truck to make sure it definately dose not fit....but other than that man, sorry

-sam

You are right I got HB torsion bars instead of Pathfinder bars, which indeed are exactly 1 inch shorter.

So I have to purchase and import the new longer torsion bars.

Don't know if any other Colombians read the forum but this means I have 2 brand new sway a way torsion bars for a HB for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is what happened. I spoke with Automotive Customizers they did not accept they made a mistake. They said that different versions used different torsion bars, that is BS. I have an american version pathfinder, it was imported from Miami - purchased at South Motors.

They sent me the correct torsion bars but I had to pay 170 dollars and all shipping costs to Colombia (Another 100 dollars).

:angry: sounds like someone doesn't want to pay shipping back to the states for their mistake and are passing the buck. i would fight with them... if oyu gave them pathy specs then PATHY is what they should have sent you.... P...

Well do any of you have a place where I can buy pathfinder accessories other than AC???

Help is appreciated as I need to buy ring and pinion sets to change my gears from 4.6 to 4.875 or 5.14

Edited by GAC