Stuck in the mud

PathFound

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention, I lowered my tire pressure to 18 psi. Probably helped.

eglaisi_91pathy: I started digging at about 10:30 and got it out around 12:30. I parked the truck on the side of the road as you saw, then drove my car back home. I later got a ride back to pick up the truck. On my way back to the truck I think I saw you splashing through a puddle right by the side of the highway. You drive a gold Pathfinder? It was definately a Pathfinder I saw.

When I saw the black plastic thing I thought something had come off my truck. But I checked everything and never recalled seeing a plastic piece like the one there. I think it was already there and belonged to something else. It wasn't part of my Pathfinder.

There doesn't seem to be any damage to my truck. When I got back on the highway and started driving at 100 km/h the front-end shook voilently. After hosing down the undercarriage, the shaking has gone away. I think there was too much mud in the inner rim and was causing the wheels to feel majorly unbalanced. Has anyone experienced this before after driving through mud? Anyway, I hosed down the truck pretty good with high pressure soapy hot water. I think there's still a little mud in some frame/suspension components. I'll get it out later.

Overall, getting out wasn't too bad. Just a lot of shoveling. I'm lucky the rain stopped for a while.

eglaisi_91pathy: You've got a stock Pathy like mine. We should go wheelin' sometime. I was planning to head up past Whistler soon and maybe tackle some snow. Let me know if you're interested. I know a couple okay spots and some trails (abandoned forest service roads).

hehe, the pathy loves big puddles, and I dont mind them :rolleyes: yeah was it that huge muddy puddle? Yeah I figured that peice wasnt Nissan since I eyeballed it and its wider than the stock bumper cap, but if I trim it down, i can make a nice one for my path, its got grooves in it, so better footing.

Yeah Im definetly up for wheeling, probably not weekdays since I work till 6 everyday, but weekends, just give me a few days notice and yeah for sure.

I plan to not keep it stock for long, maybe suspension lift and 31's or something, but not until the spring, this winter I have a feeling im gonna need the pathy so Im not gonna mess with it.

yeah I drive the gold (champagne pearl is what Nissan calls it) pathy.

p1000294mk0.th.jpg

Glad to hear ya made it out as well... It you have the chrome style stock rims they are notorious for Getting mud stuck behind the spoked part if it sits in the mud like yours did... Make sure you brak all that stuff off as sometimes a Pressure washer can't get them. Those chunks of mud Really mess with your Wheel balance and cause that Horrible shake your refering too.

I was planning to head up past Whistler soon and maybe tackle some snow. Let me know if you're interested. I know a couple okay spots and some trails (abandoned forest service roads).

Pezzy  Posted on Nov 5 2006, 06:37 PM

Glad to hear you got your truck out.

Dowser, where havent you lived!

Ahhhhhhh Good ol Whistler.... Oh how I miss the whistler lifestyle.... I managed to live there for all of 8 months until I just finally ran out of Money and things to sell. I left there with less then I came, But DAMN the parties there were like none other I've been to. Living the Ski bum lifestyle was as good as it gets. I Cleaned hotel rooms just for the free season pass to both mountains, and it was always great to have the tourists leave behind all their Alcohol so the night was always set. All that just to make a little coin so I could eat at the Infamous Mongoli Girill. And let me tell you, nothing I mean NOTHING..... Beats the Mongoli Grill..... Why dont you 2 go for a nice wheeling session and have a bite there after your done.... Get pics of the wheeling and of your meal... Bring back some memories for an aging Partier.

Dowser :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't have the steel rims, I have the aluminum rims which I like because they don't rust. A lot of the steel/chrome rims on these Pathy's I see are rusted around the edges.

See the pics of my truck here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10670

My sister lives in Whistler so I'm up there visiting every other weekend. Great place, but very expensive. Overall, I kinda like Squamish better - unless I was rich then I'd maybe live in Whistler.

I'll second that, everything around here is flooding right now... my driveway is a lake again and parts of the walkway are doing the same.

The local car wash is under water (vacuum/entry areas) as are many other parking lots and sections of streets.

It has not stopped even for a second all day and looks like it will continue for some time.

EDIT: The wind has been up and down all day and part of last night

Edited by RedPath88

Lucky, I want some rain :(.  Hasn't rained here in about 2 weeks and I'm having mudding withdrawals :\

Come and get it:

from CBC News

Heavy rain pounds B.C., forces evacuations

Last Updated: Monday, November 6, 2006 | 10:09 PM ET

CBC News

About 30 homes were evacuated Monday in the Chilliwack area due to rising river levels, as heavy rain continued to fall across B.C.'s south coast.

The families are being forced to leave the area along Wilson Road and Chilliwack Lake Road.

bc-flood061106.jpg

Two residents paddle their way through the flooded roads near Sooke, B.C. (CBC)

Provincial emergency officials say there are also high water levels on other rivers in the Fraser Valley, including the Stave, the Norrish and the Coquitlam.

They note that 250 to 300 millimetres of rain has fallen in parts of the southwestern corner of B.C. since last Thursday, and warn that it's not over yet.

River levels are climbing rapidly in the Fraser Valley and on southern Vancouver Island.

"Rivers will be rising today and throughout the day and this evening, probably peaking perhaps sometime after dark this evening, midnight or early Tuesday morning," said Alan Chapman of the environment ministry.

He adds that the Nooksack River in Washington state is expected to overflow its banks and spill some of its water into the Fraser Valley.

Rain triggers slides

A mudslide near Hope, 150 kilometres east of Vancouver, has closed Highway 3 to the B.C. Interior.

The torrential rains brought down a section of hillside three kilometres east of the Highway 5 interchange, said RCMP Const. Bert Paquet.

"The slide reaches heights of eight to 10 feet across the highway in both directions," he told CBC News.

No one was trapped in the slide.

There was also a second slide on Highway 3 near Princeton, and officials expect the road to be closed at least until Tuesday.

A slide has also blocked Hemlock Valley Road near Harrison Mills in the Fraser Valley.

Island also a concern

On Vancouver Island, public works crews are handing out sandbags to residents of Sooke, west of Victoria, to protect against flooding that's expected in some low-lying areas.

A section of Sooke Lake Road is closed, and some local schools sent students home early because of flooding concerns.

Up island, the Cowichan, Englishman and Chemainus Rivers are being monitored closely.

Chapman noted that some of those rivers were experiencing drought conditions just a week ago. Now, he said, they are full of water and rising hourly.

North Vancouver on alert

On the Lower Mainland, District of North Vancouver Mayor Richard Walton spent much of the day touring potential trouble spots in his community.

The mayor said municipal crews were busy all weekend clearing storm drains, watching swelling creeks and taking ground water readings in the Riverside Drive area, where a mudslide killed a woman in January 2005.

Walton said a lot has been done to prevent another killer slide.

"We've been very, very vigilant with the procedures we've asked people to undertake and the work we've done on district property, but there's still no such thing as no risk at all when we're dealing with weather such as this."

Even on our side of the Coast Mountains the rivers are on a watch. The Coldwater River that runs through my town was only 2' below its spring peak this morning and it has been raining in the mountains all day. We will see what morning brings :wacko:

Rain on snow events are the worst.

Edited by Trainman

Towns are flooding around western WA as we speak, in the county next to me the Puyallup River will be over the banks within the next 30mins.

The Nisqually River here is very high, it's threatening to flood my brothers house if this keeps up.

Mud slids are begining to happen in verious areas now too

Edited by RedPath88