Where are all the Kiwi's

TerranoNZ

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:deadhorse: <<<<<< its like that at the moment the grill wont fit with the spotys mounted on the bumper but that will soon change to up on the roof they go very soon along with 4 others yah just gotta lite up the nite huh plus im fitting an intercooler in there as well so it mite also be cut the grill to make it fit :chairfall: but any way i can soon make up something to fit in the hole thats left so :itsallgood:
That one works :aok: WTF happened to your grill? :D

• 1 month later...
:deadhorse: <<<<<< its like that at the moment the grill wont fit with the spotys mounted on the bumper but that will soon change to up on the roof they go very soon along with 4 others yah just gotta lite up the nite huh plus im fitting an intercooler in there as well so it mite also be cut the grill to make it fit :chairfall: but any way i can soon make up something to fit in the hole thats left so :itsallgood:

hi guys im from nz aswell( auckland). i just scored myself a free v6 manual 4 door terrano of my parents. looking to do her up a bit and im looking for some suspension lift bits if anyone in nz is selling some.

Welcome fella :aok:

Congrads on the freebie :fireworx:

yep will get some pics up when i get a chance. really impressed with how well these things go.

is there a guide to doing a body lift around here somewhere?? i understand how it works just wanting to know if i will encounter any problems

also. will i be able to run 32's with a 2 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension lift??

:crossedwires: welcome to the site im running 32s on mine with just a 2inch sus lift the body lift has yet to come theres nothing realy that you have to do with the exciption of moveing the steering spline out a weeee bit oh n may be longer brake hose in the back.

Make sure you use grade 8.8 bolts as a min when you get the required longer ones and when you drill out the body lift bushes i would put anticrush tubeing in them as well.

Do one side at a time.

yep will get some pics up when i get a chance. really impressed with how well these things go.

is there a guide to doing a body lift around here somewhere?? i understand how it works just wanting to know if i will encounter any problems

also. will i be able to run 32's with a 2 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension lift??

:puterpunch: the week link you are thinking of is the steering idler on the left hand side of the 4x4 yeh it can brake if theres a pounding from bump steer IE when the sterring takes off on you when you hit a big pot hole on the trail. :stickwack:
ive also heard these things have weak steering if you lift them up. can anyone confirm this??

:puterpunch: the week link you are thinking of is the steering idler on the left hand side of the 4x4 yeh it can brake if theres a pounding from bump steer IE when the sterring takes off on you when you hit a big pot hole on the trail. :stickwack:

sweet ive got a set of 32 mud terrains off my safari that il put on my terrano. do you get any gaurd rub with the 32;s????

is there anyone in nz that produces the reinforcing brackets for the terrano idler arms??

No one here makes these, but would be a piece of cake to get something made at a local engineering firm, or do it yourself.

Here is a pic of the Calmini one on my truck.

IMG_8724.jpg

What is inbetween the idler joint and the reinforceing bracket at the bottom as a non grip washer ? i would assume a teflon type wahser so there is no drag between the two.

sweet ive got a set of 32 mud terrains off my safari that il put on my terrano. do you get any gaurd rub with the 32;s????

Ive had no probs with gard rubbing but did have rubbing on chassis at times but i fixed that by altering the steering stops a real easy fix.

Ive had no probs with gard rubbing but did have rubbing on chassis at times but i fixed that by altering the steering stops a real easy fix.

sweet just got to get some springs and ill be sorted.

so is anyone else running the v6 or are you all running the td27???

What is inbetween the idler joint and the reinforceing bracket at the bottom as a non grip washer ? i would assume a teflon type wahser so there is no drag between the two.

It actually feels like a rubber washer, I cannot tell properly at this stage, I will have a good look later when I remove the wheel to do my oil change and service.

I do remember I had to loose a thick metal washer to get the nut to screw back on fully though. It is a captive nut.

Edited by kiwipete

sweet just got to get some springs and ill be sorted.

so is anyone else running the v6 or are you all running the td27???

I'm currently running 3 :D

Just about to get rid of one :lol:

DSC01677.jpg

It actually feels like a rubber washer, I cannot tell properly at this stage, I will have a good look later when I remove the wheel to do my oil change and service.

I do remember I had to loose a thick metal washer to get the nut to screw back on fully though. It is a captive nut.

Great tnx for the info im gonna make up my own one but i will use a teflon type washer in there as it will give less drag and easy to replace.

Gary

Great tnx for the info im gonna make up my own one but i will use a teflon type washer in there as it will give less drag and easy to replace.

Gary

I should have paid closer attention when I had the passengers wheel off for you :blush: , but I do not think there is much in the way of drag all the same. It is definatley rubber anyways.

While i was greasing the ball joints I noticed a split in oune of the outer boots. looks like I have to spend a coin again, bugger it.

is it quite common for the terrano torsion bars to sag over time??? planing on winding mine up 2 inches and im just wondering if i wind it up 2 inches from the sagged height or 2 inches from the factory height (if that makes sence)!! :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

also will i need to buy longer shock abosorbers or will the standard ones do the job