my snorkel

97vapathy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be f-ing sweet!!!!

thats what I was thinking, cleanest air possible (filter would not clog as fast), consitant air temp; in the summer w/ A/C on its cooler than outside air and in the winter w/ heat on no possiblity of ice in the intake. But the noise.... I think it might be pretty loud hearing that air being sucked in from the cab, would prolly have to make a sound dampening box for it.

thats what I was thinking, cleanest air possible (filter would not clog as fast), consitant air temp; in the summer w/ A/C on its cooler than outside air and in the winter w/ heat on no possiblity of ice in the intake. But the noise.... I think it might be pretty loud hearing that air being sucked in from the cab, would prolly have to make a sound dampening box for it.

wow you really put some thought into it...personally i would want it as LOUD AS POSSIBLE!!!!

wow you really put some thought into it...personally i would want it as LOUD AS POSSIBLE!!!!

untill your on the higway one night and your sick of hearing SSSSSSHHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHHSHSHS-SHSHHSWWOOOOO-SHHWHWHOOO!!! the whole way.

edit: my friend from utah told me he knows a handfull of ppl do it there but I can't find anything about it on google. Guess it would be a pioneer project if I decide to do it

Edited by MY1PATH

untill your on the higway one night and your sick of hearing SSSSSSHHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHHSHSHS-SHSHHSWWOOOOO-SHHWHWHOOO!!! the whole way.

edit: my friend from utah told me he knows a handfull of ppl do it there but I can't find anything about it on google. Guess it would be a pioneer project if I decide to do it

psh, better then music to me!

wow we really kinda took this thread the wrong direction :crossedwires:

I've heard of people running an air intake through where there glove box was, but not on a pathy. I woudln't want to do it though, would be way too loud. Idea is to make your truck loud on the outside to show off but quiet for you on the inside :)

wow we really kinda took this thread the wrong direction :crossedwires:

Not really, I brought this thread back up after a year or so of no posts on it for the simple fact that Adam (fueler) talked about crapping himself in the water & what not.... talking about snorkels & intakes kinda of got us back on track

Not really, I brought this thread back up after a year or so of no posts on it for the simple fact that Adam (fueler) talked about crapping himself in the water & what not.... talking about snorkels & intakes kinda of got us back on track

Im talking the glove box thing, I agree that for a lot of people this is an important topic to discuss...I personally dont want the problem of water in my cabin or engine so I stay off of trails where water is deeper than a foot or so

Edited by laxman0324

Im talking the glove box thing, I agree that for a lot of people this is an important topic to discuss...I personally dont want the problem of water in my cabin or engine so I stay off of trails where water is deeper than a foot or so

The cab intake seems like a unique and good idea but noise would be a huge issue no?

For wheelin' in water it would serve a purpose: I don't know why anyone would wanna

risk getting water in their cab and consequently in their engine.

But on the badassness meter, the snorkel stills takes the cake :D

Since the my Intake pulls air from inside my fender from just above the body line I the water I would cross would be sliglty below that line, to give some margin 4 error. 1 time I was in just below the window & almost stuck(big mistake) but I got sooooo lucky... (and maybe mud doesnt seep in as fast) I was able to get out b4 any thing got where it shouldn't

A foot?!?! That's not even hub-deep! This is about the deepest water I've crossed. If I had a "I will not cross water deeper than 1 foot" rule, I would be missing out on some of the finest wheeling enjoyment out there!

I have like 0 experience and need this truck to last me, so extra extra caution is necessary in my case

Pull up yer panties and givr. Need to have some adventure in your life :D

But no, with my stock air intake I wouldn't go through very deep water just with how low and forward the intake is. Thats high on my list of things to hopefully-not-break-while-trying-to-make-it-better.