WD21 Front bumper

Casey.T

This is the Proto Type...

3 pieces welded together

3/16 steel, laser cut and formed, Possible 1/8 Steel for less weight....

70lbs

I have it Tack welded together, I will be getting some Channel Steel tomorrow for the Mounting, off the rack stuff for easy install..... With or WithOut BL....

Who wants one? or 2

Should easily fit any WD21 even though the stock brackets are different....

Edited by Casey.T

I like, is it mod'd for a BL? Some clear shots will help too, and some unmounted shots and some shots of the mounts, if you dont mind, lol.

I made some mods in paint, what do you think of them?

Here I was thinking about shortening it, although I dont know what it looks like in real life, ive always wanted a small but protective bumper, and i know its hard to do it with all that space between the bottom of the grille and bottom of the truck.

pathybumper1a.jpg

Here I was thinking about adding that wing that you see, my fenders are cut right there and I think that it would add some protection from a side hit.

pathybumper2a.jpg

Edited by FLApathy

Get some tube, add a bullbar and you'll have a homemade ARB or TMJ. :)

I kind of like FLA's edit, except rather than cutting you could turn it under into a skid plate / splash guard. :shrug:

Let us know when you get to the rear bumper. No one seems to manufacture a HD one.

i say you leave iit like it is. no tubes like ARB.. thse frigg'n tubes is what is keeping me from buying that thing. and as for the side leave them like they are that way people can cut thier fenders for tire size reasons.

in short my opinion is you are on the right track.. but it would be cool if you can get a winch in there.

fenderchop.gif

As for the front size, this covers that little Valence thats on the bottom below the stock bumper... it also provides protection almost all the way to the Stock front skid... Once it is mounted I will put in an additional piece to cover between the bumper and the Skid.

Extending the side/corners easy enough, and a possibility...

Winch Mount... Can be hidden, I prefer to put a receiver mount dead center and on top of the bumper (Simplicity for access, and I have yet to see one buried) it is also easily removable for storage and theft prevention when your rig is not in a Locked Garage. Average winch is what 100 to 125 Pounds???? We all need to build some extra muscles...

Mounting will incorporate the stock mounting holes on the frame and have additional support from the stock recovery hook locations, Stock hooks will remain. IMO the mounting needs to be simple so that anyone can do it with just hand tools...

There is also plenty of room for the turn signals and 6" lights in the bumper... Once the mounting is set up, ill take it back in and they will laser cut for the signals and 6" lights -bounce- If they were put in prior to the forming of the pieces the holes would distort...

Slick Posted on Oct 25 2006, 10:10 AM

jackass. where's MINE

Took you long enough to notice.... Tell Dave it will fit a Chevy if we add about 8" in the middle....

At last count you need 2.... Let me get this ones mounting figured out, and one in 1/8 cause the 3/16 is over kill but an option for those who want it....

In case you missed in the poho, heres some mounting ideas...

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

Extending the side/corners easy enough, and a possibility...

Or at least have it has an option, like somebody said, not everybody has their fenders cut right there.

3/16 steel, laser cut and formed, Possible 1/8 Steel for less weight....

I think that 3/16 would be good for the area between the mounts, and then 1/8 for the 'wings'.

this covers that little Valence thats on the bottom below the stock bumper

LOL, That was one of the first things that came off my truck.

Oh, Casey, I hope you dont think that we're bashing it. I like it as is.

Bash away... I know that bumper will eat any make or model..... Saw those yes thank you -bounce-

That mounting I think would be to complicated for a self install... Not everyone has access to a welder....

The 3/16 for the center section and 1/8 for the ends has also been considered...

I will most likely do all 1/8 for my 95... Using the 3/16 on the center would not require any additional gusseting for the receiver hitch on top... or even hid it like Filthy's in the 1/8..... hmmmmm

One thing at a time......

Took you long enough to notice.... Tell Dave it will fit a Chevy if we add about 8" in the middle....

At last count you need 2.... Let me get this ones mounting figured out, and one in 1/8 cause the 3/16 is over kill but an option for those who want it....

i only need 1. for king caca. mini me is keeping her smitty. she likes it and has used it sly and it's kinda on there..... permanent. really........ permanent. sssh

i say you leave iit like it is. no tubes like ARB.. thse frigg'n tubes is what is keeping me from buying that thing. ...

Not to hijack this thread, but I have to ask what about the tubes is keeping you away? We have a lot of road kill deer around my parts and wanted the extra "weapon". Problem is, I think the deer run from the bumper and haven't been able to hit one yet. :wacko:

That mounting I think would be to complicated for a self install... Not everyone has access to a welder....

Just weld 2 bars with holes to match the upper holes on the stock frame mounts and legs down to the tow hook mounts, not hard at all. :D

C Channel or Angle iron..... Dam now I need something better than a hacsaw to cut this stuff with.... **Calls DumbA$$ son-in-law** This might be a mistake???

Has to be mounted before Saturday........ P...P...

Not having the right tools for the job is going to kick my a$$.... Not having the budget to get the right tools blows aswell....

Hmmm 3 children having birthdays in Nov... I know what they will be getting......

Got the mounts worked out on Paper / cardboard(wonderful invention), just need the tools, this baby is going on tonight or I have to drive the 95 for Elk hunting.... NOT....

G0ddamn DCI Internet!!!!!!! I HATE CHENEY!!!!

You sure got a perty bumper thar fella. Damn, when can I get mine? And will this be mounted up by Sunday so I can see?? -bounce-

What are you thinking for a coating? Somehting like a Line-X or Rhinolining would be good probably.

Edited by Oliver