New Wheels

kevs03pathy

I just got a set of 15x8 rims to replace the 17" rims I have on my 03 pathfinder. They have a 3.5" back spacing and I have an OME 2" lift with about 1" spacer on top of that. What do you think is the bigggest tire I can get away with. I'm thinking a 32x9.5 because I don't want them to stick out to far. I think with the 3.5" back space a 10.5 might stick out to far? Also if I put on the 15's will I get a constant tire low light from changing over. I'm guessing the sensors are in the wheels?

Also if I put on the 15's will I get a constant tire low light from changing over. I'm guessing the sensors are in the wheels?

Have you looked at the wheels to see if there is any sensor? On our '04 Sienna, it uses the ABS sensors to determine low air. Maybe the Pathy is the same (do not know as my 02 does not have a tire monitoring system).

As long as they are all the same, why would the computer care what size the wheel/tire combo is?

I got steel rims in a 15x7 size and put 33x9.5 BFG AT's on my 03 Pathfinder. Only have to trim a bit of the inner wheel well plastic off to keep from rubbing. The work just great for every thing but deep sand. You can see the pics on this forum under "33"s on my Pathfinder. The 15 inch rims are not a problem. I could not fit the 32x10.5 in the rig due to the wider tires rubbing every where. I also did the AC lift. They work great.