cRaZy Factory Original Alarm...

Guest GreenHornet

Guest GreenHornet

I shut-off the alarm feature off my pathy cause it wont stop. It'a a 94 factory installed one. It's a switch with a red led, next to the parking brake:

1. OFF

2. COLLISION.

3. ON

I keep it in OFF, because it wont stop in collsion nor ON modes. It's like when I open the door and I'm in the car, I have to turn it on in less than 10 seconds or so, otherwise it'll go "beep, beep, beep" faster and faster like for 5 seconds, then it shuts up and starts honking like crazy, then it's about waiting more than 5 minutes to shut it up and I cant do anything.

Is it badly wired. Did my 94 pathy came up with some remote control door opener that controls this alarm? Because when I got it, it didn't came with the remote controller. Should I get rid of it and keep it as a look alike closed circuit?

How can I check how it's wired and how can I correct it?

-Hector

Yea it comes w/ remote. The first time it went off I thought it was having a electrical spaz attack. I only have one remote w/ mine and haven't reserched it yet to get a replacement (broken key ring). Does anyone know if it disables the vehicle or just makes noise?

mine makes noise till i put the key in the ignition and usually im quick enough to open the door and get the key in B4 it starts blaring... (mines a 95)

turn... i think you have close to 10sec to do it.. if not more.. maybe i'll time mine here sometime.. :D

if it's on or collision or whatever modes only.. if it's off.. nothing should happen when you open the door.

btw. opening the rear glass doesn't activate the alarm.. hmmm?

I am having the same problem with mine, posted the question here a few days ago...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11120

Anyhow, mine is a 98 and I am not familiar with where this switch is that you are talking about. Can you describe its location? Is it on the console near the parking brake handle, inside the console, etc?

Mine went off ALL night one time while I was out of town. I was lucky I had enough battery left to start it, and even luckier the neighbors didn't shoot me.

I like the idea of turning it off as a first option, removing the bull horn as a second option. I am concerned about removing the bull horn in that the headlights will still blink, and if that happens, it is still wearing on the battery.

Has anybody successfully identified the source of the problem and fixed it?