Hey Mookie!

denisb

Looks like I'll be visiting Calgary in November for work and I have a free couple of days between Nov 16th and 20th. Just wondering if anyone's got sugestions as to what to see. I'm thinking of doing the Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton and back to Calgary loop.

Thanks in advance!

Denis

Nice drive, I did that with my mom a few years ago... (but started in Edmonton) We spent the night in Banff... but also made a few pit stops on the way to take in the scenery.

That is a beautiful area.... We've done it twice on the scooter. It actually gets rough on the neck trying to take it all in.

Make lots of stops, and just get out there and soak it up.

I'd suggest to stay the hell out of canadia. It smells funny up there and the inhabitants are hostile.

:nono: Now Now K9sar be kind to us Canucks :P

Yeah, I've done the BC side of the rockies before and it is beautiful. My supervisor says the Alberta side is even more spectacular, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I really wanted to go see the glaciers, but I guess they're closed at that time of year.

Denis

HMM well. ive been on the alberta and BC side of the rockies.and I liked the BC side better...mabey cuz I travel to jasper every spring break and just chill out at jasper park lodge.. haha ya whats in edmonton? haha. i mean nothing spectacular really. like mikemike said go to west ed do some shopping...is it still the biggest mall? i was there this morning and it never feels big.

your "loop" sounds good man. i love driving through the mountains!

west eds still the biggest eh

the did something and compared it to an american one, and yea, its still bigger

one thing one must remember when visiting west ed is that much of the square footage is lended towards waterpark, hotel theatres, amusment park and such

but in bc there are quite a few more twisty roads, well and in the albertan mountains. and i tell ya what, i love taking my trans am through the twisties.

Looks like I'll be visiting Calgary in November for work and I have a free couple of days between Nov 16th and 20th. Just wondering if anyone's got sugestions as to what to see. I'm thinking of doing the Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton and back to Calgary loop.

Thanks in advance!

Denis

Add in Lake Louise to the loop and plan on 2-3 days. Ski hills should be open by then too. Very nice but the Yellowhead east of Jasper and the QE Highway (No. 2) to Calgary will be pretty boring and will take up most of a day to do.

Another good spot if you like OLD stuff (sort of like k9sar :P ) is Drumheller, about 1 1/2 hours north east of Calgary. The dinosaur museum is one of the best in the world. Makes a nice day trip from Calgary.

I'd suggest to stay the hell out of canadia. It smells funny up there and the inhabitants are hostile.

:nono: So what is your problem?

Get cut off your cheap Canadian drugs or something? :shrug::D

I only say this as this is not the first time an anti-Canadian sentiment has been posted without some context (ie a nice happy smilie or something). Maybe you can explain? Or have I missed something?

If you're going to stop in Edmonton, Pm me if you want to hit up any of the attractions at the mall. I work for the Big Mall and I can hook you up with some passes.

Also, the Mall of America (the one that they compared WEM to) is also owned by Triple 5 (same owners of WEM).

One other thing to be beware of, is that at that time of the year, the highway between jasper and banff gets closed quite often. I've driven it in the winter, and the condition rating by parks staff never goes above fair. Even then, it was kind of dicey, so while it is a very nice drive that time of year, you have to be careful.

Cheers,

Evan.