Auto trans won't shift

Guest striperdad

Guest striperdad

Hey,

The fluid looks clean and smells good. Any idea on how to test the shift module and or the shift solenoids. Can't seem to find a service manual for this auto 3spd. Trying to get this done before I go for a disc replacement. Don't want to disappoint the kid. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Im 16, he will love it, your tranny is probably fryed, welcome to the club, I happen to be in both blown motor and blown tranny club. As a matter of fact, I think everybody who has replaced a blown motor or tranny or both should put it in their sig as, Member of the Blown Motor/Tranny Club.

And wow where did you get the name "Striperdad"? Do I want to know?

Edited by FLApathy

I had the kick down linkage stick on my tranny one time. It would not shift out of first gear. I had reverse and first but nothing else. Hope thats it!

P.S. This was on an Olds, Not sure how the Pathy tranny does the passing gear

Edited by 872door

Guest striperdad

The name striperdad is from striper bass fishing here in Jersey Shore. Dad is because I've raised 6 boys who all love to fish. The truck is in great shape. Body and motor wise with a candy apple red color, chrome rims and 33inch tires. I picked the truck up locally for 500 bucks. Just wish I could get this shifting problem taken care of before I go for disc replacement in 2 weeks. Does anyone know where I can find an after market shift module.

• 2 weeks later...