Hi Folks

denisb

Well I haven't been here in a while. Today I checked and had a PM (from almost a month ago) and realised that I missed the interaction with the folks here (thanks slick). So I figured I'd give you a idea of what my last week was.

Deciding to take a short cut while replacing my CV joints(not taking the upper and lower CV joints off....which I had to do later) turned into this.

Tues

5pm -started taking apart

6pm -Broke a bolt off of my shock (Damn I need a compressor and an impact wrench)

10pm- Done taking off a dozen or so bolts to get around not taking shock off since I broke the bolt

10-11pm- try to clean the grease of of me so I can crawl into bed without ruining our new bed sheets. (Not sure if it worked.....will only know next wash)

Wed-

6pm attempt to remove CV shaft on driver's side

8pm CV shaft off (I guess I learn from my mystakes......a little any way)

8pm to 10pm try to remove broken bolt from shock from yesterday (Damn I need a compressor and impact wrench)

10pm resort to removing bolt with angle grinder.

10:01pm Grinder dies burns out.......Damn I need a compressor and a grinder!!!!!!

10:30 steal grinder from dad

1045 get home.........dad's grinder uses different grinding wheels

11:50 Give up, take a shower and try not to ruin second set of bed sheets..........not sure if it worked, we'll have to wait till we wash them.

Thur 6pm With borrowed grinder from work, and some specialty tools from friends manage to get most parts back on

9pm take a break to watch survivor, eat supper and get a tongue lashing from wife because I've spent to much time on that F@#*ing old truck! (Me's thinks she's jelous of Pathy)

10pm since she's pissed I may as well go work in the garage

11pm Give up again, shower, clean up.......ah hell, you know how my last three nights ended

Fri 8am- get to work, look at the Canadian tire sale Compressor with air tools reg.$350, on sale $199. Page two grinder reg $69, on sale $29. Some angelical music plays in the back ground and I decide to buy it.

Fri night write off due to Getting drunk

Saturday a write off due to getting drunk friday

Sunday finish the job!

Cost for my time - Wife upset

compressor (once job was done) and various replaced tools - $350

Finally owning a compressor and air tools- Priceless