tranny trouble

larryme

someone please help. when my pathy is on the down shift and it gets to apporx 40-25, it "clunks as it downshifts. it seems that it is mor prominent after it has been driven for a little while. i have had one tranny guy say i's the motor, another one can't duplicate it when he checked it. i'm ay my wits end here. any ideas guys?

• 2 weeks later...

:help: it's a 95, two wheel drive automatic. the tach flips around also. it will start out normally and then end up burying itself after a short time, but the motor is fine. i'm sure that it is just a bad tach or wiring, but i don't know if this would have any bearing on the tranny acting up

Troubleshooting unseeable problems over the internet is just like trying to get it to duplicate the problem when the mechanic is looking at it. Damn near impossible. It could be the tranny mount, suspension parts worn or missing, loose exhaust hitting something at that speed only, an internal transmission problem, the TPS could need adjustment....know what I mean? Start looking and troubleshoot it a bit more so we can offer something pertinent.