97 Pathfinder rims

eppdog

I have a 97 klondike edition with allow rims and one is bent, i think it is making my entire car wobble at high speeds. Does any one know how many different ones came stock because i am trying to find them at junkyards

thanks

oh ya my pathy picture is my profile picture so you can see my rims

Edited by eppdog

Are you sure one of the rims is bent? I would have them put on a tire balancer and see if it is bent or not first. I only ask this because I have read that these pathfinders around our year, have a rear bushing problem. Apperantly the rear bushing wear out and it causes some high speed wobbling. I have yet to encounter this problem so I am hoping maybe the Previous Owner had them replaced already (kinda hoping the same thing for the manifold too)

There were only 3 types of wheels for your model year:

XE: steel 15x6.5 wheels

SE: alloy 15x7 wheels, the ones you have

LE: alloy 15x6.5 "luxury spoke" wheels

If you are inquiring for wheels at junkyards, just specify alloy 6-spoke SE wheels.

Does the 'wobbling' come through the steering wheel? Or does the vehicle seem to 'wag it's tail'?

There are several possibilities for each. We'll start with the steering wheel:

Out of balance wheel/tire.

Out of round tire.

Bent wheel.

"Wags it's tail:"

Bent suspension link.

Worn out rear link bushings.

Worn out Panhard Rod Bushings.

I highly doubt that one of your wheels is bent. I managed to bend one of my aftermarket steel wheels, but only by slamming it down from about 6 feet in the air. They were super-cheap, knock-off rock crawler wheels. The stock wheels are easily as strong. More likely than not, you simply threw a weight.

ya i am prettys sure the rim is bent because you can see it where the tire seals, the tire also has two pretty decent size weights attached. Picture included

as far as the wabble it just feels like some one is pulling the steering wheel from right to left really fast while my arm is not moving

thanks for all the help that has already came

post-7-1157587557.jpg

try mounting your full-size spare...see if the problem goes away. if it doesn't...maybe your problem is steering related, very possibly linked to the incident where you damaged your rim.

just in case yenno? before you go off buying a rim that you didn't really need in the first place.

Edited by QuismO

ya i wish i had bent the rim (only owned the car for 2 weeks) i would have know if there was a difference after smashing something.

and ya i'll be mounting the spare before buying one just gotta get the energy after working all day siding houses

wasnt me was the previous owner, and i didnt notice it when i was lookin at it and test driving it.

i put the spare on but havent gone on the freeway for an extended perioud of time yet to see if it fixes the problem but i'll keep my fingers crossed