P0300

02silverpathy

Conqoured so much with the Path and now the ugliest head reared yet! P0300 Random Multiple Missfire. I found on the net a post by none other than lewisnc100 himself....I have also recovered 1 time a Cam Pos Sensor code also (is it the Dizzy?)

"Start by checking for an intake air leak, listen while the engine is idling for a leak. When was the last time the plugs were changed, replace them and see how they look if it's been a while and also check the ignition wires and distributor cap. Beyond that here's the list of possible causes:

Improper Spark Plug

Insufficient Compression

Incorrect Fuel Pressure

EGR Valve

Injector circuit open or shorted

Injectors

Intake air leak

Ignition secondary circuit is open or shorted

Lack of fuel

Magnetized flywheel (drive plate)"

After having checked this phenomonon with my timing light I have discovered that all 6 cylinders at one point or another do have a miss (light skips flashing sometimes even 2 or 3 in a row)...the quesion is with no vac leaks and a solid EGR

do you next blame the DIZZY? After all that is where I am checking the energy flow that is not happening? -study-

I know that I am wearing you guys out but all input is appreciated! :bow:

Bought a Dizzy from Distributor King on eBay...$220 plus 6.95 ship. They are in NY so I will have it on Friday...Hooray!

-alcohol-

Now then party over, how do I put this in? Looks easy, but couldn't find anything in the XPLORx4 online answers FSM !! :beer:

Edited by 98silverpathy

Plugs, Wires, Cap and rotor all have less than 4 tanks of fuel on them---thats what....800 miles, lol!

They should all still be top notch, after seeing the cam pos sensor code and seeing the miss on all 6 wires I am blaming the dizzy since it doesn't matter how much or how little fuel I tell my AFC to give the engine.

I would say though that temp of engine is directly related after sitting idle even at say a long light it gets bad hunting for rpms and shimming, but fresh off the interstate she sits good for a while then starts shuddering as time passes sitting still...of course to make it tougher yet when the engine is in closed loop it runs perfect!

what are the three things?

Rotor/Dizzy

Cams not moving?

???

Venge I have a haynes but hadden't expected answers there!?

yeah, techincally those 2 but it kind of works out to these 3: rotor/dizzy case/engine head. first, mark the dizzy position on the head, when you pull up on the dizzy , the rotor will spin CC (?) so try to start at TDC and then mark the spot it turned to.. then set your replacement dizzy the same way and insert and then try to position it the same way as the other one was in relation to the head. if you're close it will run good. if you're off even one tooth you'll know.. if the adjustment to the head is not close to the original position then you're off some teeth.

Swapped the Dizzy...truck idles much smoother, revvs smoother.

P300 still in effect. I can't see it though...I used the timing light and this time I can't find the miss....I can hear it in the ignition, but I am just not seeing the missfire in the light...anyhoo---

I need to replace a part of the intake (closest to the TB 45 deg bend part) it does have a small tear, other than that what in the hell is left??

Improper Spark Plug--------------------Maybe?

Insufficient Compression----------------Oh boy

Incorrect Fuel Pressure-------------How do I figure that out?

EGR Valve---------------------------------Nope

Injector circuit open or shorted--------------Ok, how would I know that?

Injectors-----------------------------------^^^same^^^

Intake air leak---------------Working on it

Ignition secondary circuit is open or shorted----new wires and plugs cap and rotor

Lack of fuel---------not hardly

Magnetized flywheel (drive plate)-------so hows that happen and how do I know?