Somebody's Lookin Out for Me

M in KC

Driving the the 'finder to work and school the other day a heard a "clunk" in the front end as I transistioned off the driveway onto the street. A one time "clunk" I thought it was odd but hey the darn thing is 15 years old give it a break. I looked under there but nothing was obvious. Drove her anyway. The steering seemed to pull a little to the right but again nothing that's not manageable we have high road crowns around here.

Fast forward, I'm going out to lunch, I'm backing out of my parking space and Grrrrr my left front wheel is rubbing on the fender well. I look at it again this time it's slightly more obvious what the probelm was. The left compression rod on the bottom of the arm broke where it attaches to the frame. I can't imagine what the driving sensation might have been like at 65 mph and that thing decided to dislodge itself. Thanks Big Guy. :bow:

Upon examination the rod had been at least cracked for some time since there was copious amount of rust at the fracture point. I going to change the lt and rt at the same time along with the bushing and fasteners.

M

Yeah we'll roll hard again but probaly not till the end of next week. Stealer only parts, holiday weekend you know the drill. I'll log a couple of miles on the Seqoia in the mean time. It's just not quite as nimble as the 'finder and I haven't put headers and a can on it yet either. ;)

Rember B's and G's pimpin' ain't easy. :nono:

M