Dashboard brake and battery light

Guest jbpathy

Guest jbpathy

Just changed my front/rear brakes and installed new battery on my 94 se pathy...cant get the darn dashboard brake(not abs) and batter light off. I have reset the ecu(no trouble codes)....Anyone have ideas???? :furious:

The brake light is activated when the emergency brake is in use. Try to see if the cable for the emergency brake is not streched out too far and activated the light. As for the battery, check the terminals. Does the pathy crank? Check the conections for the alty also.

Double posting :nono::lol:

Yeah the brake light could simply be the parking prake cable as SS noted above. My light comes on when the brake lever is lifted just a little bit... is the brake lever all the way down on your truck? It's a simple mistake ;)

when my fan belt broke both battery light and brake light turned on. however the brake light wasn't on as bright as when the parking brake is on.

so i'm guessing maybe something to do with your alternator

when i replaced my shoes i had the brake light come on...i think there was tension on the brake cable and after a couple of miles it went off i guess after it wore the pads down or everything settled in...not sure about the battery light tho the above posts are probably a good start

Guest jbpathy

I checked the cable looks fine...went to advance auto and had them test the alternator checks out good. I made sure the parking brake lever is down....I pulled the negative battery cable to see if that would reset ...nothing...

Does anyone know if there is a brake sensor? My book doesn't say..I still dont know what to do about the brake light... :furious: