Get your Windows vista beta 2 cd FREE!

iLLlegal

its basically to kind of "test" the product and such. im with you guys on the new products but its free. i would never go out and buy the first xbox's or ps2's or ps3's but its always nice to try em and see how they work no?

haha what a waste of a post ^^^^^. anyway! none of them had said anything of the issue. Im sure it wouldnt be a problem. and redpath you sure those slots wernt for the beta 1? just thinkin off the top of my head. mabey it was linked to microsoft india cuz thats prolly were their tech support is :shrug:

we will see when it arrives I suppose....

So what are the system specs you guys will be trying Vista on?

CPU, RAM, Video, HD Capacity

My Specs:

AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+

1GB DDR433 RAM

*Planning on 2+GB after I replace my temporary MoBo

Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 256MB Overclocked & Crossfire Edition

*Plan to add a 2nd card to enable CrossFire sometime after the new MoBo

*I had to temporarily switch back to my old Gigabyte Radeon9200 card

*And am now running a PNY FX5200 until a bug is fixed

Dedicated 40GB Hard Drive (It's best to have a completely separate HD for testing OS's)

i know for a fact i wont test the new vista on this machine. AMD xp 2000 and 512mb of ram. and I forgot the graphics card. but it barrelly runs call of duty 2 anymore.

my next system even though im pro-AMD is going to be intel. the new core 2 duo just blows me away. and with performance for like 400bucks compared to a 1100$ AMD processor its a sweet deal.

ill run a core 2 duo 2.40ghz , 2gb of ram , and a nvidia geforce 7900 GT graphics card. which i will upgrade to SLI later. with a 500gb HD

I dont think ill have that comp for a month or so though. I am also building this computer to be silent. the computer I have now sounds like a vaccuum(yes friends have asked if my vaccuum is on).

ill show off the goods when I get it.

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.

This page includes information to help you download the Windows Vista pre-RC1 ISO file. This pre-RC1 build is available for a limited time – we will close the program when we reach 100,000 downloads.

After downloading, please install and test the build as soon as possible.  Most importantly, if there is a crash, hang, or error – please make sure that you send the information back to us using the built-in Windows Error Reporting technology (a dialog box will display automatically).  Sending this information is essential to helping us improve the overall quality of Windows Vista – and collecting this information is the primary purpose of distributing this pre-RC1 release.

Once you complete the download you must burn the ISO file to a DVD. If you don’t know if your DVD-burning software will support burning an ISO file, please refer to your DVD-burning software program and search “Help” for instructions on creating a disc from an ISO file.

Vista pre-RC1 ISO

I already have this build, and other than the bug related to my video card it runs really well (swapping cards served as a temp fix)

To answer a previous question: some of MS's tech support (end user) is in india, some is in canada, some is in the U.S. can't recall where in the US, though.. midwestish, I think. Hard to recall.

Vista (from what I recall from my training) uses a few new "internal" doodads that are supposed to make processing faster.. if you have a brand spanking new fully built computer. for everyone else, it'll probably be noticably slower than XP. The machines they had at my job loaded with Vista had more RAM (a gig or so) and better processors than the machines we used for our jobs.. and ran like snot. without opening any programs. From the standard end-user standpoint, it'll be mostly cosmetic, especially if you get the super neat and kean-o version with "transparency" built into the desktop interface. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to bother at all.. I'm running XP Pro x64, and it works pretty sweet for me.