Thorley vs. Pacesetter

cdhicks99

the search button is your friend :)

(though...in summary...)

the thorleys are made better.

the pacesetters are less expensive

the thorleys don't advertise that their headers will fit on a WD21 w/ AT though some have reported that it's not an issue.

Most installations have reported problems with the EGR tube fitment or crossover pite.

ceramic coated is better than not (but expensive)

I have a set of pacesetters in my garage that I have yet to install.

Edited by k9sar

I went with the pacesetters cause they'll probably outlast my truck. Yea, the thorleys are better but I'm a cheapskate and got a good deal on the pacesetters from another forum member.

Thorley's in a 91XE Auto, no fabrication required, simple bolt on... EGR Tube was a b!tch, nothing some heat and careful bending/welding in .75" spacer could not fix.

BTW my engine was out and I replaced all of the studs with the 300ZX studs.....

Yep Slick is right I do have the ceramic coated Thorleys and they have performed very well. The main difference between the two is construction and assembly. The pacesetters are made in Mexico and look like they gave a welder to a 10 year old and said have at it. Yeah the EGR tube was fun to get it, but all I had to do was loosen the header from the head to give myself enough play to geteach end started. Retighten head, then each end of the EGR, in that order and it souldn't be too tough.

Oh and as Casey.T said, spend the couple extra bucks, I think it cost me like $30, to replace all the studs.