.5" AC Balljoint spacers

I would stay away from them. Another member discovered they don't work well with stock upper control arms. You can crank your torsion bars up without them, just don't lift up the front too high, otherwise you'll ruin your cv axles among other things. Your safest bet is to buy some new upper control arms from Automotive Customizers, Superlift, Calmini, or Rough Country. Post a pic of your truck from the side, and a pic of your front suspension and we'll let you know how much you can 'crank' the torsion bars

hmm, that's about the most you can do... Do you have aftermarket UCA's installed? I forgot one brand of lift kit by Trailmaster. It's a 4" package that seems to be much better designed (albeit expensive) than any other packaged kit for these trucks. I think a couple members here have it installed. I have the Automotive Customizer (AC) UCA's and low-profile urethane bump stops on my front end. The torsion bars have been cranked so high that they are starting to bow and i have about 1" of clearance between the upper bump stop and the control arm. The tires are still relatively straight ( think []--[] instead of \\--// ) But basically, all the UCA's do, is control the ball joint angles so they don't prematurly wear out. If you want more lift, get the Trailmaster kit, or swap your 2" BL out for a 3" one.

hmm, that's about the most you can do... Do you have aftermarket UCA's installed? I forgot one brand of lift kit by Trailmaster. It's a 4" package that seems to be much better designed (albeit expensive) than any other packaged kit for these trucks. I think a couple members here have it installed. I have the Automotive Customizer (AC) UCA's and low-profile urethane bump stops on my front end. The torsion bars have been cranked so high that they are starting to bow and i have about 1" of clearance between the upper bump stop and the control arm. The tires are still relatively straight ( think []--[] instead of \\--// ) But basically, all the UCA's do, is control the ball joint angles so they don't prematurly wear out. If you want more lift, get the Trailmaster kit, or swap your 2" BL out for a 3" one.

TrailDisaster lifts the best? I think you have a point of contention here. Poor control arm geometry, exposed torsion bars, sloppy welds, excessive tie-rod angles, and mandatory 3-3/4" or less backspacing are a few reasons to avoid this lift.

The aftermarket UCA's are caster-adjusted so that the vehicle can be realigned with a minimum of shims when the torsion bars are cranked up.

Edited by Eli