hot t-case shifter shaft,

ticker

I drove out to pennsylvania last weekend and noticed that the shifter shaft on the 4wd t-case got really hot. Is this normal? If not what to look for?

The temperature was in the 80's.

I have an aftermarket tranny cooler that bypasses the stock one.

Automatic Transmission

any help would be appreciated,

thanks B)

Mine heat up quite a bit on a long trip also. All I can guess is that it is heat from the motor/exhaust being blown back. Lets face it, right under the truck is not a hospitable area... My MT doesn't get hot, and the T-case isn't being used. :shrug:

B

Mine heat up quite a bit on a long trip also. All I can guess is that it is heat from the motor/exhaust being blown back. Lets face it, right under the truck is not a hospitable area... My MT doesn't get hot, and the T-case isn't being used. :shrug:

B

ditto :aok:

Thanks Guys and Girls, I thought that it was maybe due the way things are set up and the missing cat shield doesn't help. The fluids pretty new, I checked them during the trip and no funky smell or anyrthing so I'm not going to worry about it too much since other people are having the same experience.

:bow:

my shift levers get kinda hot too but I've never thought much about it. Of course, I just went through having to put out a fire in my carpeting caused by excessive heat.