03 2" OME Lift

Not sure yet. I have 17" wheels and am not sure what the tallest widest set is that I can get under it? Any Idea's?

Just do the math.

You can kinda sorta fit 265/75-16 with an OME, so figure it out for 17".

Definitely keep the 17" wheels, they're great looking OE wheels.

265/75/16 is similar to 265/70/17 in most brands. What are the specs on those 17" wheels? I was not able to find any 17x8" alloys I liked in 3.75 to 4" backspacing.

I know they're 17x7...I don't know the offset.

Went with the heavy springs up front. I'm not sure about the AC lift. I've seen the OME set up without the spacers and didn't like the way it looked so that is why I went with the spacers. I am going to let it settle for a few hundred miles and then have the camber looked at. I'm not sure where to get camber bolts from if I need them. And wether I need them for the top or bottom. I've seen some chat about it here but it wasn't conclusive.

• 4 weeks later...

Kevs....

When you bought the OME suspension, did they provide you with any technical details about the coils? Spring-Rate, wire diameter, ID, OD, Coil Diameter, ETC?

It looks great, and I have to agree with you on liking the truck-like ride of the lifted suspension over the way-too-soft stock suspension.

The techs at ARB/OME have always been GREAT. There was one question I sent a few weeks ago, never got a response so I emailed them again and had the question answered an hour later. I couldn't be more impressed with them...

Seems like more work than it's worth. I can "simply" swap out the two side gears in the ARB (along with a few more parts) and it will fit fine. Too bad the gears are $90 and $110. At least I'll be locked sometime in the future....

It needs quite a few not so cheap parts to get it working (still need the solenoid and wiring harness, too) but I got each locker for $175.... :P I'll probably have about $450 in the rear one as I'm completely rebuilding all seals and thrust washers (ARB is giving me those for free) but I only need a new seal housing for the front. So, I'm looking at about $800 for BOTH lockers, completely rebuilt by ME which will help with future problems as I'll know my way around the insides.

BTW, sorry to hijack this thread! You can blame Dan. :P

Here's what TR from ARB told me...very knowledgeable and helpful guy!

Here is the technical low down.

The two lockers are basically the same with the only main difference being the side gears 31 splines versus 33 splines and the thrust block which can be removed. Although the cases are different, the RD09 & RD24 share the same flange cap, cylinder cap and pinion gears. The cases are different because the RD09 used a single long cross shaft and two short while the RD24 uses 4 short cross shafts. Each of the cross shafts are retained by a retaining pin. Thus the RD09 uses only 3 retaining pins, while the RD24 has 4 retaining pins.

The purpose of the thrust block is to take up the slack between the ends of the axle shafts. There must be a different length in axle shafts from the drum brake unit and a disc brake unit.

RD09 exploded diagram

http://www.arbusa.com/alac/alsp/2-RD09.pdf

RD24 exploded diagram

http://www.arbusa.com/alac/alsp/2-RD24.pdf

Here are the parts I need/want:

(2) Wiring harness 180405 $26. each

(2) 12 volt relay for harness C-042 $10. each

(2) Switches 180209 $7. each

(1) Rear switch covers 180211 $4. each

(2) Solenoid 180103 $44. each

(2) Seal housing 081902 $18. each

(2) Seal housing retaining clip 150601 $3. each

(1) Side gear 130205 $80 each **Special order item**

(1) Splined side gear 130405 $110. each **Special order item**

(2) Bonded piston seal 160705 $13 each

We’ll send the O-rings, bolts, lock tabs, and thrust washers no charge

This is why I continue to buy from ARB. AMAZING company and products...