i think i did something stupid

adamzan

I was going to attempt working on my frame yesterday and when i went to start up the truck it was idling around 200 very roughly and was shaking alot. Also since the idiot mechanic that my dad (who had it before me) took it too welded one of the muffler(still original 94 suprisingly but it came loose) hangars to the frame crossmemeber it was making a horrible rattling noise. Anyways the gas gauge was passed E and I knew what had happend, so i got a jerry can of gas and put it in. I go to turn it over and it turns over like 5 times and then the battery crapped out on me. I haven't tried to boost it yet as its being stored at a friends house, but how many more cranks will it take to get running again? and should i put even more fuel and some STP or something in the tank?

Oh and the reason i was moving it was because its not in the garage at all times, but in the back behind some trees

Edited by redfinder

man power... ;) no jk, Check the fuel filter... there is always starting fluid... but that is really hard on all the sensors in the intake... but if your really deperate to move it that my be your best bet.....or even better a tow truck... :(

Its only like 100 feet give or take away from the garage, so im gonna try to boost it when my buddy gets back or we'll just pull it with his car.

You'll need to charge the battery and let the fuel lines fill up. The pump will prime for a few seconds, then shut off when the key is turned on. Do that a few times and then crank it some more, the lines should pump up in short order.

K thanks for the advice

im very busy this week but i try to start the motor and let it move around a little bit just so nothing seizes.

oh and what kind of cranking amps do this pathys need to turn the starter, because this battery i think is for a smaller car and thats why i didn't get to many cranks out of it (my dad let it sit for the winter without even starting it and the other battery froze to death)

Im not that mechanically inclined so thats why my friends are helping me with my frame lol. Also im only 17 so its also a project truck for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to it tonight and wow this thing is amazing, I just put a jerry can of gas in it, charged the batter for an hour and it started on the first crank!!! Now i can finally start to work on it

I finally got around to it tonight and wow this thing is amazing, I just put a jerry can of gas in it, charged the batter for an hour and it started on the first crank!!! Now i can finally start to work on it

:clap: glad ya got 'er goin again :aok:

Lets not go there, but it does raise the Q of when the timing belt was last changed... Don't wait if in doubt, 4 people lost their motors last summer for this reason alone. That aside, yes, these are good motors. While they don't have a lot of power (especially stock) the are uber reliable and thats a major attraction to me !

B

While they don't have a lot of power (especially stock) the are uber reliable and thats a major attraction to me !

I don't know what you are talking about. Mine has plenty of power :-) Now, if I only had my cams installed. And maybe a new ECU!

I let my friend drive it. He drifts with his 240. He said it feels like it has 200hp. I really doubt I got that much, but hey it makes me feel good!

Now, I can't wait to get my S4 back so I can put my new bilstein PSS9 coilovers in. Oh Man!!!!! :sly:

Edited by wheel366

Yea about the timing belt, i don't think its ever been changed :eek: But as soon as more important issues are fixed ie frame, i think it should be ok just moving from the garage to the parking spot.