Tranny go bye bye

Ramithepimp77

My tranny is dying!

It shifts normal 1st to 2nd then when it would normally shift into 3rd it ends up just reving like I was in "N"

It will allow me to get to 3rd gear if I shift down to "2" (while its TRYING to get to 3rd gear) then shift back to "D" Messed up? I THINK SO!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WHY WHY WHY???

Rami

My tranny is dying!

It shifts normal 1st to 2nd then when it would normally shift into 3rd it ends up just reving like I was in "N"

It will allow me to get to 3rd gear if I shift down to "2" (while its TRYING to get to 3rd gear) then shift back to "D" Messed up? I THINK SO!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WHY WHY WHY???

Rami

Because that's what automatics do, eventually, inevitably, expensively, annoyingly.

But I'm still sorry to hear it.

Maybe this is fate's way of telling you it is time to swap in a 5 speed?

Out of curosity how many miles do have on the tranny? do you have a tranny cooler?

There is 180,000 miles on my Pathy and I assume its never been rebuilt but you never know...

AND

Yes I have a tranny cooler.

Rami

P.S. make it better again :(

Yes an auto tranny from 90 to 95 will fit your rig. As for why it is going bad. There are lots of potential reasons. Most are associated with dirt but not all. As long as you still have reverse you could try to add Lucas tranny lube. This goes a long way to smoothing out shifting problems. It is a viscosity modifier for teh tranny fluid. It does not FIX anything, but can gain you significant time.