Whinning Noise and Revs Dropping?

Smithk

Hello, I have some questions first off it's been a heat wave where I live (30+C) then cools down to about 16C at night. When I leave for work in the morning I start up my pathy and then put it into drive and when I touch the gas it makes an awful whinning noise until I get about 5+KM on the Highway then it slowly goes down until it is silent, I've never heard it after leaving work and sitting in the sun all day, so any possible ideas? My second question is in this heat I'll stop at a light and my RMP will drop from 900 to about 600 or less, I know my tachometer has been acting up but you can hear it loose power then struggle to get it back. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appriciated. PS It is a '93 XE Automatic.

Edited by Smithk

Last tune up?? Timing Belt changed??

MAF needs a cleaning???

Last tune up was about 3 months ago, timing belt was done last year, I haven't done a MAF cleaning but I can look into it, unless my buddy did it when he was doing my tune up since he did a whole bunch of stuff that he didn't charge for.

I had this happen last month, took it to an alternator shop and found out that a diode was bad in the alternator....had a high pitched whine like a remote controled car.......check it out in the dark....your guages and headlights probably get brighter when you hit the gas pedal....

Edited by govols74n

I had this happen last month, took it to an alternator shop and found out that a diode was bad in the alternator....had a high pitched whine like a remote controled car.......check it out in the dark....your guages and headlights probably get brighter when you hit the gas pedal....

All right when it's dark and my engine is cold I'll try that out and if it does then I know to go to Nissan and get her fixed after my little road trip.

As for the RPM's, the other guys nailed it....MAF.....go ahead and wiggle the connection and wires, or press the plug down tight...(on the air filter box) that is probably the cause of the stalling, had this happen too.