Tires

94 Pathy

WAVEY

Hello All! It's been too darn long since I've been on here. :sniff:

So, have any of you seen a Pathy with the Pitbull Tires on? I'm now thinking about getting some of the Growler All Terrain Extras. Lookin' pretty sweet!

Thanks Slick!

Yeah, they are new on the market. I saw a HUGE ad for them in 4X4 Builder magazine. July issue on page 89. If I can figure how to download some pic's of them, I'll post some. If interested, you can go to Pitbulltires.com. :aok:

kid down the road has 33 growlers on his big a$$ed loud a$$ed chebby, they growl on the road a little, but they still looka lika theya be holding up to kid abuse(brake torques, squeal tires around every corner or else, 75 mph in a 45 etc. etc.)

Four Wheeler had a review of the Growler in there Febuary 06 issue. Said they're a great trail tire, but it'd be a shame to put them on a truck seeing more on road action than off road action. They say if you do want to use them more on road than off road you won't be dissapointed, it's just that they are so great off road it'd be a shame to waste the tread on road. Based on the review they preform a lot more like a MT than an AT offroad. This was for the 35x14.5 r15 size Growlers.

They also mention if you have wheels with rim gaurds to be carefull the rim gaurds can blow the bead at low pressures (less than 5psi usually) :aok:

:clap:

Thanks for all the feed back everyone! Unfourtunately, around here, there are not many places for off-roading. Mainly street ware. That's why I was going to go with the Growlers. As for the wideth, that was on another post of mine.....Wheel spacers. That's what the JEEP did in the magazine to prevent inner rub.

I'm like Luker in a way.....Boggers would be a hell of alot cheaper.

Hey Luker, I was thinking about going with 16" also, but wasn't too sure on how the whole wheel size and spacing would be. Is there alot of people converting over to 16's from 15's? The reason I ask......I might have a great deal on some tires. A guy I just meant has brand new General Grawlers? I believe they are 165/175X75X16's. Got them off a guy for $150 down until he found out that they weren't going to fit on his van. So, I'm going to try to get them for what he has into them. The only bad thing now is I'll have to buy some rims also. What would those convert over to for metric size? I'm currentlly running 31's, but wanting to jump up too 33's to 35's. I figured if they don't work, I could sell them for a few bucks more and take the cash and put them toward other tires. :shrug:

Thanks for your info! :beer:

Don't you mean 265/75R16? That would convert to 32" floatation size (metric is that first sizing convention). I am currently running that size on 16x7" wheels.

You don't want anything larger than 33"s on an IFS Nissan. Forget about 35"s until you can SAS it.

Edited by Filthy Luker