Hood Shimmy

BKinzey

This ain't no dance contest! My hood shakes back & forth near the cowl. Makes an annoying squeek as well.

Open the hood and looking at those wussy arms I can see why. Anybody else have this and is there a fix? Silicone on the rubber gasket along the cowl fixes the squeek for 2 to 4 weeks but I'm tired of that.

This ain't no dance contest! My hood shakes back & forth near the cowl. Makes an annoying squeek as well.

Open the hood and looking at those wussy arms I can see why. Anybody else have this and is there a fix? Silicone on the rubber gasket along the cowl fixes the squeek for 2 to 4 weeks but I'm tired of that.

I replaced the plastic hinge covers with new ones from the local dealer parts deparment. Fixed. Never could find anyone capable of reinforcing the puss-hinges.

At least you figured out it's your hood...most people think their dash is loose!

Maybe my hood is squeaking. I always thought it was in the dash, now I'm curious...

Here's how you check...you wait until you hear the squeak nice and loud and repetative...depends on the road and your speed...when it's squeaking really good, look at your windshield washer squirters...if they're vibrating left to right in sync with the squeak, you've found your problem!

Now if only I could get the rear hatch window to stop squeaking!!!

Now if only I could get the rear hatch window to stop squeaking!!!

Mine used to....here's what I did.

On the bottom corners, under the glass, there's 2 rubber stops that have a hole in them, allowing the rubber to flex. I took a couple pieces of rubber, and filled the hole, effectively making the rubber thicker......no more squeak....took about a minute.

Edited by Simon

Mine used to....here's what I did.

On the bottom corners, under the glass, there's 2 rubber stops that have a hole in them, allowing the rubber to flex. I took a couple pieces of rubber, and filled the hole, effectively making the rubber thicker......no more squeak....took about a minute.

Word...I'll check it out