I just built some rock sliders.

TrailChaser

I built these at work in about 2 weeks of lunch breaks. They are 21' of 2" OD pipe. Here's a couple of pics from when I was figuring out the angle. I settled on 27degs.

7668d099.jpg

c47ea8cf.jpg

260571c7.jpg

Here's the pics from today when I got home with'em finally on the truck.

I had to block the sun with my hand. :D

7836856e.jpg

A little closer.

50754869.jpg

In these pics I'm testing the sliders to see if they can handle the weight of the whole side of the truck. The front tire is off the ground and the rear tire is almost off. I was at an incline and didn't want to risk it moving back so I stopped at that height.

b8b4907a.jpg

83b8a1e4.jpg

8a8d0dc7.jpg

Now I just need to sand off the oil crap that coats the pipe and then paint'em black. They're sooo close to the body that I'm considering painting the rocker panels black also. That might help mask the damage I've already gotten from Barnwell Mountian.

You've probly seen those pics, but if not here they are. P...

Drivers side...

2f5e5648.jpg

Passenger side... The scratch/dent on the door is rockrash that wouldn't be there if I would have had those sliders back then. :wacko:

77863353.jpg

those look niiiiiiceeee, i wish i could weld so i could start building sumj stuff for my pathy...how did u mount them to the frame? welded, or just bolted up somehow?

I welded'em on.

Three mounts on each side with 1/4" plate 5"x4" welded to the frame to spread out the load when I get on a rock or have to jack it up. Main thing that kinda sucks is that they are a little below the frame rail at the mounting points. It's not too big of a deal tho. I really don't want a body lift, but that would definately solve that problem.

:clap: looks schweeeeet! nice work! that door dent can be pooped out relatively easily if you whip the door panel off and give it a good bang a couple times. ;)

Looks great...I've got the same kind of dent on my passenger side rocker panel from playin' a little too hard ;) You did a great job on those. I've got some waiting to be welded onto my Pathy as well...can't wait for that!